Turning OFF Daytime Running Headlight

passing light switch

Yep, there are two black plastic caps there on my '21 FLRT. Perfect. Doesn't Harley sell a switch that fits that hole? All I found were entire wiring harnesses for specific things.

Here is the Harley switch and a couple of wiring connections, passing lights on on right side .

the left side I believe is for a cooling fan, both are just tucked in under the tank and held with a small

zip tie no need to remove tank.

Attachments

• 20211218_144238.jpg
    20211218_144238.jpg
    902.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 20211218_145317.jpg
    20211218_145317.jpg
    635.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 20211218_181854.jpg
    20211218_181854.jpg
    992.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 20211218_182024.jpg
    20211218_182024.jpg
    963.9 KB · Views: 58
I believe to each his own as well but I added more lights to the front and rear of mine. When I did, I was riding back and forth to work daily during the day on the interstate. Now, with my new job, I ride the same interstate but all of my traveling is at night. The extra lights became a plus then. I run my high beams during the day as well. I want to take every opportunity I can to be seen and to see.

59825BAD-4404-43E9-8896-730B1736D123.jpg73CCD85D-9722-4681-BC26-D7CC796840D9.jpg

New Jersey Kinda does require your bike headlight on

This is what I found New Jersey allows your light to modulate, only 1 state says you don't need your headlight on Delaware.

• Required and modulation allowed — Almost half of the United States allow for a “modulating headlight” to be used, and the headlight use is a requirement. That means your light can change between full power low beam and a dimming effect. It does not turn off and, but dims and goes back to full power over and over. This is more eye-catching to your fellow motorists and offers a better chance to be seen and recognized in traffic.
  • Required by law — Eighteen states have a headlight law that it is required. It doesn’t matter what model year you ride, the headlight must be on all the time. For those that have older models where the headlight has a switch, start practicing turning it on after you start the motorcycle.
  • Required and modulation allowed — Almost half of the United States allow for a “modulating headlight” to be used, and the headlight use is a requirement. That means your light can change between full power low beam and a dimming effect. It does not turn off and, but dims and goes back to full power over and over. This is more eye-catching to your fellow motorists and offers a better chance to be seen and recognized in traffic.
  • Required with model year stipulations — Seven of the states require headlights to be used after a certain model year, but the oldest allowed motorcycle is a 1956 model year in Indiana.
  • No requirement — As mentioned, very few states don’t require a headlight to be used during the daylight hours. Without the requirement, we do recommend you stay in the practice of using it regardless.

As a Trucker ( now retired) anything to make these water heads see me better is a good thing. Also, the less interaction I have with law enforcement the better off I am. Having said that now a contradiction. Someone at a bike night put forth the "moth to a flame" theory. Where bright lights actually may cause a distracted driver to veer toward you. Boy did that start a big "debate" with two clowns rolling around on the parking lot. Here's something if anyone cares to research it ( I dont). Will having your lights off become an insurance issue if involved in an accident? Ive been involved in a few not caused by me accidents in a big truck and one of the first questions a responding officer asked me was if I had my headlights on. The fact is every one of those jokers that hit me proclaimed: I DIDNT SEE THE TRUCK!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lavinia

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lavinia
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png