Thundervolt 50 Spark Plug Wires...Simply Amazing.

Wires

Jack/Michael thanks. On the 15 fw, is changing out the wires worth the hassle. I was only going to do plugs. 26,000 on odom

To make changing the wires easier pulling the tank is a plus, at least on my Freewheeler it made it easier

Not a hard job to pull the tank;)

What is the trick on detaching the gas line. I push up on the collar and the gas line will not come loose. Do I rotate the collar until it clicks than push or what?

I had this tank off before but I be damn if I remember how removed the gas line!

What is the trick on detaching the gas line. I push up on the collar and the gas line will not come loose. Do I rotate the collar until it clicks than push or what?

I had this tank off before but I be damn if I remember how removed the gas line!

Lift up on the collar and pull down on the plastic line, they are a tight fit

Reactions: MDO
I put a rag behind the fuel line quick disconnect & spayed a shot of silicone on it. They can get a little crusty after sitting a few years.

Jack/Michael thanks. On the 15 fw, is changing out the wires worth the hassle. I was only going to do plugs. 26,000 on odom

After what I learned recently, I would. You have 26,000 miles on wires that were most likely out of spec. in the 1st. place.

Lift up on the collar and pull down on the plastic line, they are a tight fit

Tried that. Didn't want to budge. If tried it on a friends bike and had the same problem. Has to be something I am doing wrong. Scratching my head on this one and frustrated.

Tried that. Didn't want to budge. If tried it on a friends bike and had the same problem. Has to be something I am doing wrong. Scratching my on this one and frustrated.

Try a shot of silicone lube, rotate the plastic line a bit while pulling down

Silicone

I put a rag behind the fuel line quick disconnect & spayed a shot of silicone on it. They can get a little crusty after sitting a few years.

Nice tip about the silicone. I was having a tough time moving the chrome fitting. Sprayed it, rotated several times, it lifted up and the hose just about fell off!

Dual plug

On the 2015 Freewheeler, does the tank need to be removed or is there enough room to change front wire by loosening the front and rear mounting bolts

On the 2015 Freewheeler, does the tank need to be removed or is there enough room to change front wire by loosening the front and rear mounting bolts

No removal needed on my 15 Freewheeler

The 17 M8 it is a must

Tank removal

No removal needed on my 15 Freewheeler

The 17 M8 it is a must

Jack, your are fountain of knowledge! Now one more question. You said you used hd plugs. Regular 6r12 or did you go with the screaming eagle 6r12g

Jack, your are fountain of knowledge! Now one more question. You said you used hd plugs. Regular 6r12 or did you go with the screaming eagle 6r12g

Stick with stock plugs

The reason I say this is

1. your TC engine has Delphi Ion Sensing designed into the ECM

2. changing to a plug with a different resistance will cause the ECM to read this signal as much as being out of spec, this could cause timing issues and up to including a trouble code

3. stock plugs are cheaper and your engine was designed to run with them

I have tested and run many plugs on many HD engines, I always come back to stock

Read here

https://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/45915-Harley-Ion-Sensing

Ion

Stick with stock plugs

The reason I say this is

1. your TC engine has Delphi Ion Sensing designed into the ECM

2. changing to a plug with a different resistance will cause the ECM to read this signal as much as being out of spec, this could cause timing issues and up to including a trouble code

3. stock plugs are cheaper and your engine was designed to run with them

I have tested and run many plugs on many HD engines, I always come back to stock

Read here

https://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/45915-Harley-Ion-Sensing

Completely mind boggling. I'm coming from the stage coach era into total computerized, concerning engines. Without someone with your experience on this site i could very well see a massive amount of money being wasted on repairs/shop hours on simple things like this(spark plugs etc)

Tucci, I stayed with the stock plugs on my M8(6R10) After 2 years, they looked very good and all 4 were identical.

With my 10% Veterans discount at my dealer, they were $19 & change for 4. I can handle that every few years.:cool:

I was gonna try NGK, but I ended up getting the wrong tip & it was a big hassle that was not worth it to save $8.

Ion research

Tucci, I stayed with the stock plugs on my M8(6R10) After 2 years, they looked very good and all 4 were identical.

With my 10% Veterans discount at my dealer, they were $19 & change for 4. I can handle that every few years.:cool:

I was gonna try NGK, but I ended up getting the wrong tip & it was a big hassle that was not worth it to save $8.

The site Jack referenced was an eye opener in that ,one "small" variable in the electrical/ignition system on the newer engines can cause an untold amount of problems. And i'm sure you know, when it comes to electrical gremlins you're in limbo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png