I'm a ship sponsor

Trike Lady,

Thanks for your support of the Navy. I agree you’d have probably made a great Sailor. It was our loss that you couldn’t serve. I served with a lot less motivated folks during my 30 year career. I think it’s a great thing that you’ve kept the spirit even though you didn’t serve. Keep it up!

Bubba

(Retired Navy Master Chief)

Let me share with you the BlueJackets' Manual collection. It starts with 1940 and ends with the 25th edition, this collection covers WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Cold War and present. When you read the WWII editions our sailors were issued hammocks to sleep on, instructions on how to take care of their uniforms and other important info. The very old ones are treated with extreme care. I wish I could afford at least one prior to WWII but they're very expensive.

There's a large network of people who collect them. My special one is the 20th edition, as that is the one I had and the one that got stolen years ago.

Every ship I participate in the commissioning of will have its picture displayed on my wall and any memorabilia associated with that ship will be framed and displayed.

Attachments

• rsz_0622191459_copy.jpg
    rsz_0622191459_copy.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Trike Lady,

Thanks for your support of the Navy. I agree you’d have probably made a great Sailor. It was our loss that you couldn’t serve. I served with a lot less motivated folks during my 30 year career. I think it’s a great thing that you’ve kept the spirit even though you didn’t serve. Keep it up!

Bubba

(Retired Navy Master Chief)

You are welcome.

I would have done very well, I know how to follow orders and do what I'm told, I may even go above and beyond what is asked. The Navy will always be part of my life even though I was never part of it. I found an organization some time ago and bookmarked it https://twilightwish.org/ at 65 and older they grant you one wish and mine if possible will be to take part in the Navy graduation ceremony in a time period correct uniform and you can be certain that will me make well up with tears to be an Honorary Sailor.

Another ship was christened the USS Oakland LCS 24. Go Navy! :clapping:

Thank you for your service.

^...From the link:..."Hillson said Friday’s incident remains under investigation and will not affect the commissioning schedule".

Other than the Commanding Officer, XO, and whoever else might have been in command of the vessel won't be aboard when she sails down to Key West for commissioning.

And this ship hasn't even been officially commissioned into the fleet yet!

I'd hate to now serve aboard this one, as in some superstitious sailors views she's jinxed or cursed for her service life now...:gah:

Yep. There are valid reasons for superstitions in most cases. But with this one and all it's high tech guidance systems? And it is just a fender bender. It would just seem like a learning problem more than some kind of fate to come. In my naive way of thinking.:Shrug::Shrug::Shrug:

^...From the link:..."Hillson said Friday’s incident remains under investigation and will not affect the commissioning schedule".

Other than the Commanding Officer, XO, and whoever else might have been in command of the vessel won't be aboard when she sails down to Key West for commissioning.

And this ship hasn't even been officially commissioned into the fleet yet!

I'd hate to now serve aboard this one, as in some superstitious sailors views she's jinxed or cursed for her service life now...:gah:

Sailors from day one were very superstitious.....Back in the days of sailing ships Women weren't even allowed on board or at least top side....

The thought was that Seaman and Women should not mix....;)....:D,,,

That is standard operating procedure when a ship is involved in a collision at sea. I was on the Arthur W. Radford when it hit a freighter in the Chesapeake Bay. The Commanding Officer was relieved two days later. In the Navy’s eyes the Commanding Officer is responsible for everything that occurs on his or her ship, whether he/she was involved or not.

Bubba

SOP as Bubba said. I'm mildly surprised more heads didn't roll on the Billings as a result of that collision with damage to both vessels.

Whether right or wrong, this will also effectively end that Commander's career in Naval service...:(

SOP as Bubba said. I'm mildly surprised more heads didn't roll on the Billings as a result of that collision with damage to both vessels.

Whether right or wrong, this will also effectively end that Commander's career in Naval service...:(

This country needs more of the buck stops. Like GM claiming to be bankrupt yet the CEO makes millions. That's just wrong.

Thank you for your contributions & dedication to country.

I enlisted at 17 & served from 2/76 to 12/86 aboard two different SSBN's & 3 1/2 years at the FBMTC in Charleston, SC.

I made a total of 10 patrols, spending around 18 months underwater, which was about 17 months too long.:xzqxz:

Thank you for your contributions & dedication to country.

I enlisted at 17 & served from 2/76 to 12/86 aboard two different SSBN's & 3 1/2 years at the FBMTC in Charleston, SC.

I made a total of 10 patrols, spending around 18 months underwater, which was about 17 months too long.:xzqxz:

I want to honestly THANK YOU for being part of what keeps this country safe. And that goes to ALL current members of the military and veterans. THANKS to ALL.:clapping:

• Thanks
Reactions: MDO
Trike Lady, Korean Service here, 4 years on the Destroyer 727, one of the sailors who enjoyed the experience. Also have a plan of the day from November 1951, describing heaving shelling off the coast of Korea, and an old photo album of the time. Reunion this year is in Jaxsonville, FL I'll probably send the memorability to Jax for display. Doubt I will go to the reunion, just none of the 'old sailors' left from the era. Still have the Blue Jackets manual you sent.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png