gone now

Well, that day arrived, it's done. I no longer own any 2 wheelers, last one went to a new home Friday (yesterday now).

Gentleman's wife said I was the sentimental one for telling them all we done and seen on the '85, she didn't see my wife's sad face as the fellow rode the '85 out the driveway. Still got the trike though, keeping it. It was time, I have had balance issues since … well, I'm doing better now, underlying issue is probably cured, but I just don't feel safe at lower speeds on 2 any longer, so cut temptation loose.

Had the '85 since 1995, that's 24 years of great times and now …. now we'll just make more (memories) on 3 or more (wheels). I'm good with it. Fellow traded me a Sig 320 XCOMPACT with Optics and "some" boot, so I made him happy. His wife liked the armrest and trunk setback. Good to know they'll likely join our group in time, and then one day we'll share rides.

Just musing I guess.

Thanks

I'm blessed and I know it.
I am lucky to be here.

I have been fighting "the thing" and it's offspring, "the relapse", … and even shingles too after an A-SCT … since Fall 2016.Six MRIs after treatment ended last year all say "boring", and boring is good I found out. I have a few years of follow ups to do, more MRIs, but the farther out I get with boring reports, the better as they say.

Thing is, my balance is screwed up, and likely it will stay some messed up, and a slow moving 750-800 pond MC is nothing to be riding unless one's balance is good. I am fine on 3 or 4 wheels thankfully, though I in no way believe I'm as good as I was. I even rode the 2 wheeler in the yard a couple months back, it's how I knew the time was here to let go.

Besides, now I can concentrate on the Trike … and trailer … and my trucks … etc.

I was able to handle a 2 wheeler...especially the one I had last...an 09 Night Train. But my youngest, who dearly loves motorcycles, wasn't able to ride it because she is special needs, and needed a much more stable platform so we bought a tri glide. It's less fun for me, but it's a LOT of fun for her. And believe it or not, I'm really liking a trike more and more, especially since I put a rake kit on it to make the steering so much easier.

And also, it inspired my wife to want to ride, so she did a lot of research and settled on a Spyder. She takes my oldest daughter, and I the youngest when we go out on family rides when time permits. Talk about blessed...we are!

Like saying goodbye to a family member..............:blush:
That's it. We bought that 1200 in 1995 never imagining all the new friends we'd find, the memories we'd make, the fun miles we'd see. It led to us going to a Mall Show in a nearby town within a couple years, meeting members of new chapter VA-R, meeting CR & Diane and seeing their new '97 GL1500SE that was still then a bike, now our trike (done in '98). That 1200 led us to a lot.
… etc … And believe it or not, I'm really liking a trike more and more, especially since I put a rake kit on it to make the steering so much easier. … etc …
I believe it … and I think you'll grow to like it even more. Great to be able to take family along, memories to share both ways are made.

Rain will always seem less stressful, great for pulling a small M-C sized trailer for those several day rides / stays. Easier to park almost anyplace. Happier co-riders. Great braking. No worry of road tilt. Still get the wind, etc. Still sporty. Handling is still great, even if you can't ride around/through&between bumps. If encounter a sudden obstacle, often easier to "ride around it". Easier to U-turn. Easier to "push" backwards as no effort needed to keep upright. Even some easier for a co-rider to assist stopping in event of medical emergency, and maybe even "drive" for you to help or home.Watch out for the gas pumps though.

Attachments

• VA-R Spring 1997 Mall Show 97GL1500SE 2 800w.jpg
    VA-R Spring 1997 Mall Show 97GL1500SE 2 800w.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 184
  • 1 Diane Griffith Summer 2000-1.jpg
    1 Diane Griffith Summer 2000-1.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 189
  • 1 CR Griffith Summer 2000-2.jpg
    1 CR Griffith Summer 2000-2.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 201

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png