• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

my fob survived

Glad it survived. If you have some Caig DeoxIT D5, give it a couple of sprays. I use it to clean, lubricate and deoxidize audio and electronic components, and to care for remotes and fobs.

20190623_143304.jpg

With both my Tri-Glides i kept the FOB's out of the washing machine..But come awful close a few times.....:laugh:....Very easy to make that mistake....Good thing you caught it in time and didn't run it though the dryer....:shok:....

When I'm on a lengthy trip, one fob is always in a zippered jacket pocket, the second one without battery is usually zipped in the shaving kit, separately stored from where its keys are located. However, on local rides without a jacket or vest, it just goes in my jean pocket.

Dumb question........ do you open up the remote and spray inside (and remove battery first)?

No question is dumb, when it's asked in earnest with sincere intent. But if you have a means to treat the internals without opening the Fob's Case, by all means do so....and please clue in the less informed.

got to get some of that
Been using it for 20+ years to clean the pins on audio tubes, the sockets on tube amps. Handy stuff to have around for sure, if you're into electronics, especially for home and car audio components.

My fobs for both my '14 and my '17 have been through the washer multiple times, and the dryer at least once, with no apparent ill effects!(Whew)

I must just live right!

Heard the one about the guy who fell off a skyscraper? Says on his way down past each floor, he kept saying to reassure himself: "So far so good... so far so good... so far so good"

I like Ben Franklin's: "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

But more partial to Shakespeare's: "Twas Ever Thus That Man Chooses His Own Poison"

It's good that everyone has come out a winner!:D:)

I've never come close to doing that. I have so much junk on the ring and a red 4" long "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT" tag so it's pretty much impossible for me to leave it in any pocket. :D

Now, my challenge coin is another issue.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png