2003 VTX1800S trike with MotorTrike kit

NamVet

Oct 19, 2009
Salt Springs, FL
Headed out next week (700 Miles) to look at a 2003 VTX 1800S with only 3974 miles. It has Motor Trike Kit, windshield, trailer hitch, luggage rack and Sissy pad, along with a cobra power commander. Older man selling due to it's hard steering, he never did get the EZ steer, bought new and triked in 2005. If it looks as good as it sounds, I'll load in on my trailer and bring it home for the wife to ride, as I have a GW trike. The question that I have is about the steer kit. I don't see anything on the motortrike site, Champion shows a 6 degree and I looked at VTX-exteme ( good price). Just want to make sure I can get a EZ steer or other brand for this unit before I make the purchase that will still allow me to use the windshield. Any and all suggestions would be helpful. Thanks....

Headed out next week (700 Miles) to look at a 2003 VTX 1800S with only 3974 miles. It has Motor Trike Kit, windshield, trailer hitch, luggage rack and Sissy pad, along with a cobra power commander. Older man selling due to it's hard steering, he never did get the EZ steer, bought new and triked in 2005. If it looks as good as it sounds, I'll load in on my trailer and bring it home for the wife to ride, as I have a GW trike. The question that I have is about the steer kit. I don't see anything on the motortrike site, Champion shows a 6 degree and I looked at VTX-exteme ( good price). Just want to make sure I can get a EZ steer or other brand for this unit before I make the purchase that will still allow me to use the windshield. Any and all suggestions would be helpful. Thanks....

Adventure MotorSports is one of the advertisers and the owner Bazooka "Zook" is the founder of this site. Please contact him for your need. We would not have this forum but for him.

I got my (6 degrees over stock) triple trees from Honda Direct Line...it's made by Kewlmetal, and can also be bought there, I believe. The steering is very loose...no resistance at all, but likely you will need fork extensions as well, (I'm in the process of ordering a set). The trees are nicely chromed, although not exactly the same as stock in fit or appearance. I managed to put my windshield back on without problems. Chumbly-ThumbUp

I have a 2003 GW with a Motor trike kit and I bought a rake kit from Bazooka. It made it really easy to steer. Bazooka will save you about $400.00

Just a couple of Pixs of the new/used 2003 VTX, it is silver in color. We will be putting the wife's 750cc Areo Motortike up for sale, (at some point) it is a 2005 with less than a 1000 miles ( the red one ) Price would be $12500.00 firm.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png