• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

How often do you wax your motorcycle??

Burnerboy

2000+ Posts
Reaction score
Am I nuts/crazy or just whacked out??

But everytime it rains (for the day) I sit in my garage and give her a complete wax job.....(I put on my headphones and rock out to led Zeppelin ) I figure that I have approx six-eights coats [or more] of wax on my "Blacky" (that's her name!!)

Ronnie

But everytime it rains (for the day) I sit in my garage and give her a complete wax job.....(I put on my headphones and rock out to led Zeppelin ) I figure that I have approx six-eights coats [or more] of wax on my "Blacky" (that's her name!!)

Ronnie

Once or twice a year.......More often if i'm bored' Maybe.......But then with my 2014 Ram which costs almost twice the price that my last bike did.....Never...But thats just me, :Shrug:...

Hell i'll wear the same underwear for 30 days, Then reverse them for 30 more.;);).:D.....

Ronnie

I thought I over do it. I wax a least once a month, Wash it after every ride and use Mequires Ultimate Detailer in after each wash.

Once or twice a year.......More often if i'm bored' Maybe.......But then with my 2014 Ram which costs almost twice the price that my last bike did.....Never...But thats just me, :Shrug:...

Hell i'll wear the same underwear for 30 days, Then reverse them for 30 more.;);).:D.....

:DI said that to my wife once! Only once!

I usually clean, detail, wax after each ride. Hate to leave it dirty.

Often, since I know I'll be doing it again after my next ride, use Meguires Cleaner Wax. Sometimes, I use Liquid Glass just because it's easy to put on / take off or buff.

Average about once a month . . .

. . . all year 'round! I ride 110 miles/day min. Mon-Fri. As much as I like to ride a clean and shiny trike, I would much rather be riding than cleaning! If ever I'm faced with making a choice to clean or ride . . . it'll be ride every time!;)

Ride SMART, Ride SAFE . . . but R I D E !

Cal

Dave Calahan

Fredericksburg, VA

'07 GL1800 w/'18 Road Smith 1800HTS

I have a vehicle program that I wrote to document all I do on all my vehicles ... even the trash trailer. LOL

This program reminds me to do such things as maintenance and cleaning ... also stores all receipts and pictures of "stuff" I do to them.

This program reminds me to do an appearance maintenance every 3 months or 1250 miles ... I almost never make it because I end up doing that stuff sooner. Usually I do a cleaning like every two weeks or so ... but that is usually just to rinse off the dust (we get the Utah red dust here bad) ... then I use Honda wax/cleaner to get rid of the little amount of water spots that are left.

My new plan is to redo the ceramic stuff once a year during the winter.

When I had white or at least light colored vehicles, I hardly ever did any "waxing" ... the dust just didn't show as much, so, I would just rinse and go.

That’s done before the winter rest.

Right now my new hobby is a bug collection. Got many juicers on the windscreen and rear fenders. No one steals a gross bike :D

I was just reading a article in Rocket Science Weekly.. And they recommend not waxing a vehicle's surface... In a wind tunnel test conducted at the University of Ohio , The Sandusky campus....Their finding were;

A layer of wax on pigment 'ie paint, Absorbs Sunlight which causes an molecular level of negative drag [Slowdown and extra fuel consumption]...More noticeably in ambient and non-ambient air....And that might be a contributing factor to Climate Change.....

Their conclusion is do not wax your vehicles so as to save the planet...:Shrug:...

I have a vehicle program that I wrote to document all I do on all my vehicles ... even the trash trailer. LOL

This program reminds me to do such things as maintenance and cleaning ... also stores all receipts and pictures of "stuff" I do to them.

This program reminds me to do an appearance maintenance every 3 months or 1250 miles ... I almost never make it because I end up doing that stuff sooner. Usually I do a cleaning like every two weeks or so ... but that is usually just to rinse off the dust (we get the Utah red dust here bad) ... then I use Honda wax/cleaner to get rid of the little amount of water spots that are left.

Data! We’ve been looking everywhere for you since you disappeared from Star Trek!

Data! We’ve been looking everywhere for you since you disappeared from Star Trek!

Hmmmm ... I've been called a lot of things ... never an analytical, totally logical, robot with an emotion chip he can turn on or off ... interesting.

For the record ... I did "wax" my trike this morning .... :D

These things take wax?

The only waxing I've done with the FW is the Ford pickup I waxed coming off the stoplights a couple of weeks ago.

Waxed his ass good... :D

I was just reading a article in Rocket Science Weekly.. And they recommend not waxing a vehicle's surface... In a wind tunnel test conducted at the University of Ohio , The Sandusky campus....Their finding were;

A layer of wax on pigment 'ie paint, Absorbs Sunlight which causes an molecular level of negative drag [Slowdown and extra fuel consumption]...More noticeably in ambient and non-ambient air....And that might be a contributing factor to Climate Change.....

Their conclusion is do not wax your vehicles so as to save the planet...:Shrug:...

O' know, now I've done it, the whole planet is doomed! :mad::mad: and Trump will be blamed! :blush::blush: just because I waxed my "Blacky" (NOW I'm depressed!) LOL :D

(that was a good come-back by the way :)) I did laugh!

Ronnie

O' know, now I've done it, the whole planet is doomed! :mad::mad: and Trump will be blamed! :blush::blush: just because I waxed my "Blacky" (NOW I'm depressed!) LOL :D

(that was a good come-back by the way :)) I did laugh!

Ronnie

You know Ronnie one day your grandchildren are going to look up at you and ask;

Grandpa, What did you do during the Great Climate Change War?

And all you will be able to say is;' 'I waxed my Bike''....:(....

You know Ronnie one day your grandchildren are going to look up at you and ask;

Grandpa, What did you do during the Great Climate Change War?

And all you will be able to say is;' 'I waxed my Bike''....:(....

:clapping::clapping::clapping: You know even back in school, my principal told my parents, that I would always be a "troubled causing person".............Dang he was correct!! :D:D

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png