2019 Harley Triglide Hydraulic Clutch Problems

I have a 2019 Triglide with less than 5k miles on it. Recently my clutch started acting up. Did have a 1k service done and also had it back to the dealership recently when the clutch started acting up. Rode it all day yesterday - no problems. Back it out of the garage today and rolled it onto the street. Started off okay! Got to the beginning of the development I live in and suddenly no clutch. At first when it stalled I thought that maybe I forgot to down shift but then I realized that as soon as I began to let off a little pressure off of the clutch handle it lurched forward. Didn't feel any resistance from the clutch handle at this point. Squeezed the clutch handle about 30 times until I felt a little resistance and I was able to nurse it all the way back to the garage. Dealership said that they examined the clutch and everything looked good and they bled the clutch lines. Worked for a day or so then started acting up again. Anyone else experiencing any problems with their hydraulic clutch??

I have a 2019 Triglide with less than 5k miles on it. Recently my clutch started acting up. Did have a 1k service done and also had it back to the dealership recently when the clutch started acting up. Rode it all day yesterday - no problems. Back it out of the garage today and rolled it onto the street. Started off okay! Got to the beginning of the development I live in and suddenly no clutch. At first when it stalled I thought that maybe I forgot to down shift but then I realized that as soon as I began to let off a little pressure off of the clutch handle it lurched forward. Didn't feel any resistance from the clutch handle at this point. Squeezed the clutch handle about 30 times until I felt a little resistance and I was able to nurse it all the way back to the garage. Dealership said that they examined the clutch and everything looked good and they bled the clutch lines. Worked for a day or so then started acting up again. Anyone else experiencing any problems with their hydraulic clutch??

Welcome from Missouri.

It sure sounds like air in the lines, low brake fluid, maybe a defective secondary clutch actuator/seal problem. That is what was happening to some 17 & 18 models with hydraulic clutches prior to the recall to replace the actuators with updated units.

Either way, that is totally unsafe to operate in that condition & your dealer should not have let you ride off like that.

That is a safety/warranty issue & I would demand it be repaired immediately.

I have a 17 Freewheeler & it was not loosing fluid/acting up, but after the recall it definitely had improved clutch action.

There is a company called AIM that makes an improved hydraulic actuator with reduced clutch pull of 40% but you should not have to pay anything while under warranty, plus the MoCo would void your warranty with an aftermarket clutch part. As you well know, you payed enough already.

Keep us posted with your outcome on your issue & good luck!

Tony, Harley has been having problems with hydraulic clutches for a number of years

Their last recall for 17-18 models was supposed to have fixed the latest problems

Your 19 model should have the upgraded parts on it depending on the build date of your trike

That said as Michael already stated you NOW have a safety issue and your dealer needs to make it right for you

Good Luck and keep us posted;)

:welcome: To the Trike Talk Family! FROM SOUTH
attachment.php
Angleton, TX

Howdy Tony!:wave4:

Welcome to the Gang from Western Colorado.

I agree with the others ... sure sounds like an air infiltration issue ... snd it sure a safety issue. Call the dealer, make them earn their keep.

Reactions: MDO

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png