Paint chip protection

Several of the trike manufacturers sell a 3m type clear protection kit that is precut for their brand or you can buy sheets at most auto parts stores. Several in this forum have used line-x and love it:wave4:

Pretty sure she not gonna let me line-x her new vine said that I WEAR the PANTS here. I was thinking maybe the wrap people could do some kind of graphic. Thoughts?

I had bras on my 16 trike. When I traded with just over 20,000 miles there were zero dings on the fenders.

With my 19 I started with a static cling graphic over the front of each fender. I had to cut it down pretty good because if you tried to lay it out too far the curve of the fender prevented you from getting it smoothed out right. Fender actually curves both ways. It did okay but didn't really cover enough so I'm back to using my bras again.

There are a couple other threads on this subject.

I prefer the 3M product. It doesn't cover up a great paint job, depending on thickness protects from stone chips, doesn't damage the paint if installed wrong.

I belonged to a couple Vette clubs=not one owner would ever put a bra on their car. Those that did had paint damage. The few that did have good results, had to constantly maintain it. I guess that's why you don't see many exotic car owners with bras on their cars. JMHO

It's your car - do what YOU feel comfortable with. That's all that matters.

I buy it by the sheet and make my own templates. Compound curves are a little trickier to install, but it can be done. I just hate covering up the paint job. That's just me.

Are you thinking on putting one on the fairing also(some do)?

Good luck with whatever you do.

Found a guy in Edmond Oklahoma is 3M certified installs a 8 mil clear warranty is 10 years no fade, yellow or curl he indicates that is provides paint chip protection. Sending him photos of the TGlide so he can quote it for me. Will advise when I get the quote and see the product.....Life is Good "Lets Roll"

Any automotive company that does clear bras can do whatever you like ... the guy I used charged like $225 for both fenders, the side covers, the gap between the fender/body and under the luggage rack (my monkey's tail scratches the paint there). That came with a lifetime warrantee.

Any automotive company that does clear bras can do whatever you like ... the guy I used charged like $225 for both fenders, the side covers, the gap between the fender/body and under the luggage rack (my monkey's tail scratches the paint there). That came with a lifetime warrantee.

Thanks for the info. The dollars is good to know. No one in my town of 16000 is capable of getting it done correctly watched a guy try to do a friend of mines trike jacked it up and then wanted friend to pay for more material......

Found a guy in Edmond Oklahoma is 3M certified installs a 8 mil clear warranty is 10 years no fade, yellow or curl he indicates that is provides paint chip protection. Sending him photos of the TGlide so he can quote it for me. Will advise when I get the quote and see the product.....Life is Good "Lets Roll"

Just found a 3M installer in Winter Haven, FL, I will be taking my Road Smith by for a quote, I'm thinking the front (bra) and those huge sail fenders. Will follow up here when I get the particulars. I already have the fender protection that was installed by RS, but since 2012 they re getting a bit dinged. If the quote goes way outside my budget, then the fender protection will have to wait. Whatever it is for the front I think will be worth it, tired of trying to fix the paint dings which never works.

Did you ever get a quote from them in Edmond? Looking to have my 19TG done.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png