Tri Glide reverse

Totosdad

Oct 21, 2018
Bull Shoals
I haven't trouble shot it yet, just wondering if anyone has rebuilt their reverse motor, or where they sent it to be rebuilt. Not sure if it is the motor or solenoid or RCM.

I haven't trouble shot it yet, just wondering if anyone has rebuilt their reverse motor, or where they sent it to be rebuilt. Not sure if it is the motor or solenoid or RCM.

Do a Search you'll have plenty to read....I Had my 2011 Tri's out a few times every time it was corroded brushes....I road in the rain and snow , Thats why i had the problems, I cleaned the brushes the first time, Changed them the next time....Then i had a rebuilder rebid the whole motor 95 dollars....That lasted over a year....When that went out i put in a mechanical reverse...Never had a problem after that, I should have done it the first time.....With the mechanical you can back out of any spot just like a car....ThumbUp

In the Stickys at the beginning of this forum, their is a trouble shooting guide for the reverse circuit.

Very rarely is the solenoid an issue

Carbon arcing is the biggest problem

IMO HD miscued on this

A mechanical reverse would have been better

Prior to the 2011 with the Tri's the reverse was an option and my dealer would order them without the reverse , And then add a mechanical...And it wasn't much more then the electric cost wise to the customer...Then Harley made the electric mandatory :Shrug:....

Do a Search you'll have plenty to read....I Had my 2011 Tri's out a few times every time it was corroded brushes....I road in the rain and snow , Thats why i had the problems, I cleaned the brushes the first time, Changed them the next time....Then i had a rebuilder rebid the whole motor 95 dollars....That lasted over a year....When that went out i put in a mechanical reverse...Never had a problem after that, I should have done it the first time.....With the mechanical you can back out of any spot just like a car....ThumbUp

What he said. When I bought my 2011 I paid for a rebuild kit. Lasted all of 2 days. Didn’t bother to troubleshoot, went with a mechanical. No issues since. You just don’t realize what a relief it is to park anywhere and not worry about reversing. I put in a Motor Trike reverse, or rather I had my son put it in😁. Next time might go with a Baker.

I have had the same problem with my reverse . It is worth every penny to go with a mechanical reverse. I went with Motor trike reverse and been every happy with it. Its been a full year with on problems. And the best thing is it will backup any grade! Where that stock won't. :clapping:

17 Hundred for the Motor-Trike And thats total...OTD With the wiring harness [lockout] tax and labor...That was a few years ago...

WOW! Hope I don't need to replace my mine. Other than the noise, I've had no problems with mine (had 3 TGs). Even backed up 100' a couple of times.

How much does a stock reverse cost out the door??

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png