Please please help, or I’m a dead man!

AR198

May 27, 2019
England
Hi folks

I have a 2019 freewheeler.

Ive made a schoolboy error and reversed with my chain through the front disks.

Its going to cost nearly £700 to fix as I made a good mess of the disks. Thankfully the recovery guy helped me out and said it was a brake fault so he could drop it at my dealership.

Anyway Harley want nearly £700 for the privilege to fix it.

Here is my problem.. What the hell can I tell my wife, so it’s not my stupid fault and she doesn’t kill me for the fact we are about to get hit with one hell of a bill.

I know honesty is always best, but £700 is one hell of an ear bashing.

please help if you have any suggestions on what could have happened for it to be costing so much.

Thanks

Post #1 - :welcome: Andy.

if only the rotors are damaged, you can replace them yourself. Providing your capable :Shrug:

I won’t tell your wife, promise :wave4:

Thanks for the reply.

If only I could fix it. It’s already at Harley which is about 40 miles from my house. The brakes were not working so it’s not worth the risk in getting it home.

It’s dificult to help, cause we don’t know the extent of the damage :Shrug:

Altho, if backing up the chain would of hit the forks and not damage the calipers. I think !!

Well I’ve spent many months in Alberta over the years, and loved it, so the Rockies might be an option haha.

You are are totally right though. I need to man up.

Wish me luck haha.

Andy Welcome to Trike Talk ����Man up and tell your wife “Or move to Canada ���� ��

Either way I have to get it fixed life goes on ...

Well I’ve spent many months in Alberta over the years, and loved it, so the Rockies might be an option haha.

You are are totally right though. I need to man up.

Wish me luck haha.

Let us know how it turned out.........I hear Alberta is great this time of the year....:)..

The few times I lock the disk, I have a coiled tether that goes from the lock up to the throttle as a reminder. This is a teachable moment.

As far as your wife, your:censored: . Is she fond of flowers/chocolate?

Hi folks

Ive made a schoolboy error and reversed with my chain through the front disks.

Thanks

A buddy of mine had one of the locks that you slip over the disc and push a pin through the disc, then unlock it with a key. One night he locked it up with the keyhole facing inside the wheel. (there was alcohol involved)

The next morning, he didn't have enough clearance to get the key into the lock. He ended up going home and grinding the key handle down to 1/4" above the keyhole and used a pair of pliers to insert it and turn the key to unlock it.

Welcome to the Gang from Western Colorado.

I always felt being honest with your wife is the best policy.

I do have some don'ts

1) do not try to meditate your stupidity (your words ... not mine) by reminding her of something that may not of been her finest hour ...

2) do not buy her flowers and compliment her about her dress ... women see right through that ... even men do

3) don't try to hide it ... she'll know

4) don't beg for forgiveness ... we all do stupid stuff sometimes

5) don't take any advise about marriage from me ... I've been divorced three times :AGGHH:

All seriousness aside ... really ... don't take my advise. :D

I'll take the hit for you! "Just tell her that I tried to steal it", then she'll be mad at me :mad::mad:................not you! :blush::blush:

See honestest is not always the best policy!! :p:p

Ronnie

Be honest tell her. Boy it's a good thing I locked the front wheel on the bike. Thieves tried to steal it but the lock held and foiled there effort. Unfortunately the bike suffered some damage but they didn't get it!

If you where gonna do that ... you needed to go that route from the start. If you go down that path now, your wife will want to get the police involved and the insurance company ... then your problem will be how you look in stripes ... :AGGHH:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png