Fuel

The manuals recommended fuel is 91 octane. I have been running regular 87, so far no problems. What is your take on fuel?

When i had a Spyder [08] the book says 91......I only used 93.....Did that with every bike and trike , As far back as i can remember....Even when it was called Hi-Test...

Thats all i use ....Does it make the bike feel better, Who knows but it makes me feel better and when its all said and done that's what counts for me anyway ......:Shrug:....

If your ok with 87, Use it.....

The'll be a lot of opinions on this subject coming on soon.:D...

I found there isn't a problem with Ethanol Gas.....If you use the vehicle dally... Let the gas sit too long what's when problems arise ....Ethanol is a red herring...Before ethanol was a gleam in a corn farmers eye...People would regularly add ''Dry Gas'' to their gas tanks in the winter without any ill effects.. What do you think dry gas is......:D

I found there isn't a problem with Ethanol Gas.....If you use the vehicle dally... Let the gas sit too long what's when problems arise ....Ethanol is a red herring...Before ethanol was a gleam in a corn farmers eye...People would regularly add ''Dry Gas'' to their gas tanks in the winter without any ill effects.. What do you think dry gas is......:D

Ethanol gas makes less power and less MPG than pure gas

I found I can run ethanol free 90 octane and have more power, no pinging than with Ethanol premium @ 92 octane

Facts are facts;)

Not bashing here ... but I can't understand why people spend close to (usually over with accessories) 30k for a trike then try to save $0.10-$0.20 a gallon on a ride that gets 30+ mpg ... and holds average of 6 gallons ... so ... $0.60-$1.20 a fill up???? :Shrug: If the manufacturer recommends 91 octane ... there's a reason for that. I'm pretty sure the effects of using 87 aren't gonna show up overnight.

I'm pretty sure my body would run okay on tofu ... but ... it really likes beef and pork ... :D

You may notice a bit of pinging at 87 .

I ran mine at 87 for awhile before I got my tuner.

It ran fine at 87.

My gas mileage stay the same before the new tune depending how fast I was going :D

You may notice a bit of pinging at 87 .

I ran mine at 87 for awhile before I got my tuner.

It ran fine at 87.

My gas mileage stay the same before the new tune depending how fast I was going :D

I don't have a trike so don't have the extra weight, but I run 89 real gas all the time and don't have any pinging. But get out of town where real gas is harder to find and I put 93 corn in and I get pinging on occasions. Has to be real hot and accelerating up an incline and bingo, pinging. Corn is pure garbage. And dry it might be as it solidifies rapidly. At least I have real gas at home.

I've been using regular fuel for years (50 years/to be exact) and never heard a ping or had any problems.........The only thing that I do is put fuel injector cleaner in the tank when I plan on taking it for a long ride and I know that I'll be using a full tank of fuel that day..

Don't know if really this really help, cause I can never really feel any difference, BUT it makes me feel better, so I do it....

Ronnie

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png