Special lug nut socket?

Dually

Jul 8, 2019
Iowa
Bought a 2014 Wing with a 2015 HTS trike kit.

Went to check the lug nut torque and it looks like I need a special socket.

Anyone have info on what I need to get?

Are you sure it isn't one of those security lug nuts /Antitheft....If it is you'll need the key/socket that is used to remove the lug nuts..:Shrug:...

Those are spline security lug nuts made by Gorrila

You can find them sold @ Oriellys and Auto Zone

I used to hate it when customers lost their locking key

I have an old beat to death set of sockets I use to drive on these type of nuts

Once I take them Off I let the customer decide on what to put back on

Sometimes you get lucky some times not so much

Good Luck in your search

Those are spline security lug nuts made by Gorrila

You can find them sold @ Oriellys and Auto Zone

I used to hate it when customers lost their locking key

I have an old beat to death set of sockets I use to drive on these type of nuts

Once I take them Off I let the customer decide on what to put back on

Sometimes you get lucky some times not so much

Good Luck in your search

Every Tow Truck and Tire Jockey worth their salt can remove them without too much trouble , Its just that after removal' That lug nut ain't gonna be looking so pretty anymore......:D...

I bought a 2017 this year with a brand new Roadsmith. Apparently they didn't torque the nuts correctly and one fell off. Called the out of state dealer and he was very apologetic. He said the special sockets were not sent with the Roadsmith kits and sent me one of his used ones along with several new nuts. He also ordered a new one and sent that when it came in. I don't understand why Roadsmith sees the need to install anti-theft nuts on their kits. Has there been a rash of cases where people are jacking up trikes to steal the tires that I didn't hear about?

I bought a 2017 this year with a brand new Roadsmith. Apparently they didn't torque the nuts correctly and one fell off. Called the out of state dealer and he was very apologetic. He said the special sockets were not sent with the Roadsmith kits and sent me one of his used ones along with several new nuts. He also ordered a new one and sent that when it came in. I don't understand why Roadsmith sees the need to install anti-theft nuts on their kits. Has there been a rash of cases where people are jacking up trikes to steal the tires that I didn't hear about?

Roadsmith probably got a boat load of them for cheap.... Save a dime here and Save a dime there and then before you know it'

It becomes serious money in Roadsmith's pockets...;)

Keene NH by any chance??

Hi Dually - yes, you need a special socket tool to remove the lug nuts. Please PM me your address and I get it sent to you, no charge.

Jim

Keene NH by any chance??

No it wasn't them. I know you and Doug are "best friends." LOL I had my last wing triked there. The initial work was very good. Glenn was working there at the time and he's the one who did it. When I had some problems with my '97, not trike related, I called him and tried to make an appointment and he kept just blowing me off. Too busy, too busy. This went on for about 3 weeks until I finally talked to people for advice and fixed it myself. Took 1/2 hour. Guess he didn't have time for that. My '17 was triked in Alabama. Other than the torqueing issue I would highly recommend them for a purchase. I had an issue with a faulty bearing in the triple tree and they had me bring it to my dealer of choice, Nault's of Windham N.H., and he paid for the whole thing. No questions asked.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png