Pants for hot weather or trousers we call in usmchip pads.

I don't know of any pants that will help with the heat, but taking steps to cool the engine has made a world of difference.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/why-how-to-cool-down-the-twin-cam-engine-part-i-dk-cl-tc-dn-1.htm[/FONT]

Reactions: MDO
Ray! You LUCKY dog you... Hawaii??? !!!!

I don’t have a hands-on experience with cooler riding pants - the tops of my legs burn through jeans!

Here is a website that does all kinds of reviews for motorcycle stuff.

I have used it to look at helmets but have not looked at the mesh pants stuff. Might not be what you are looking for and I haven’t reviewed it myself but I’m going to...would be a nice hot Texas afternoon project INSIDE the air conditioning..LOL!

This is not an active link - you will have to type it into your computer’s browser.

If you find some that really work - REPORT BACK HERE PLEASE! We’d love to know! Thanks!

webbikeworld.com. Gear Guide: Best Mesh Pants 2019

Welcome to the Gang from Western Colorado.

I like the Columbia Convertible Backcast Pants ... when ya get where you're going, they become shorts. Also ... they have netting like a swim suit so if you choose, you can free range, They work as a swim suit at hotels, and when you wash them in a sink, they dry in about 40-60 minutes.

As for armor, you are not gonna find light weight, breathable pants with armor ... at least I haven't found any.

Here's a link to what I use:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-55-Col...535998&hash=item1cc82ee9e1:g:xLcAAOSwIr5cGoNM

I wear Speed and Strength Kevlar pants. Running with the bulls is the name of the pants. The areas with the kevlar are cooler than the denim. On long trips the regular denim sticks and rips the hair out of the back of my legs. The kevlar are a lot more comfortable. And safer if I find myself sliding down the road.

I'm one of the ATGAT (all the gear, all the time) crowd, and am also old enough to worry about breaking increasingly more brittle bones and joints. I use the Bohn Armor system to allow me to wear lighter weight shirts and pants without feeling naked in the event of a crash. You can find the pants described here. I wear Bohn gear in all weather conditions and find them to be pretty comfortable...if it's too hot to wear ATGAT, I stay home and sip single malt scotch (Rofl).

Welcome to the Gang from Western Colorado.

I like the Columbia Convertible Backcast Pants ... when ya get where you're going, they become shorts. Also ... they have netting like a swim suit so if you choose, you can free range, They work as a swim suit at hotels, and when you wash them in a sink, they dry in about 40-60 minutes.

As for armor, you are not gonna find light weight, breathable pants with armor ... at least I haven't found any.

Here's a link to what I use:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-55-Col...535998&hash=item1cc82ee9e1:g:xLcAAOSwIr5cGoNM

Fuzz, you comment, I read, are these pants reasonably cool for riding, I mean, compared to the other stuff that's out there?

Fuzz, you comment, I read, are these pants reasonably cool for riding, I mean, compared to the other stuff that's out there?

They are like riding in a long swim suit, that's basically what they are, they are for fishing, hiking ext. ... LOL ... I always have a pair of jeans to put over them ... incase I get too cool. I'd ride in shorts on long trips, but, as I get older, I worry more about sun damage. I'm a lucky guy in that I don't burn ... just get red and by next morning I'm brown ... :D. I tend to sweat, so, even if I do, these pants dry out really quick. Like usually while your getting gas quick ... LOL.

Although not armored pants, I wear Duluth Flex Firehose Coolmax pants in summer. And they are much better than jeans. But in Texas 103º or more heat, I still sweat. But if there is a breeze at all, I dry quickly. And it feels rather cool as I dry. Not a great option but it's the best I've found.

I'm riding a friggen trike. Will I tip over? Will I lay it down around a curve at 90mph? If I end up on its side I got bigger problems than road rash.I wear cargo shorts when it's hot.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png