Don't loose your fob

Nov 22, 2016
groesbeck texas usa
​On the way home from the bike shop my fob came out of my pocket, glad I had a spare in my desk drawer. Called Harley, fob $50.00, key $30.00 and must show proof of ownership before they can order one. Called a locksmith who has made bike keys for me before $5.00. And Harley wonders why they're loosing business, at least Jessie James used a gun!

I lost the keys to my Road King once. No fob, just the barrel keys. Any good locksmith can turn a barrel key for you and as you found out a fraction of the cost to have Harley do it.

One reason I wear tight pants, LOL, didn't you know that HD stood for ( High Dollar ), I thought everyone knew that, not sure why harley charges so much for things, it can't be that expensive especially since a locksmith can make a barrel key that will work for 3/4 what harley charges, still can't figure why a fob is so expensive either.

All for now Trampas

I usually put the fob in the tour pak when I ride ... when I get where I'm going ... I take them out to lock the tour pak ... plus I keep a spare key in my wallet and there's always the security code thingie.

One reason I wear tight pants, LOL, didn't you know that HD stood for ( High Dollar ), I thought everyone knew that, not sure why harley charges so much for things, it can't be that expensive especially since a locksmith can make a barrel key that will work for 3/4 what harley charges, still can't figure why a fob is so expensive either.

All for now Trampas

Because they can..And they they will continue till they can’t ..

​On the way home from the bike shop my fob came out of my pocket, glad I had a spare in my desk drawer. Called Harley, fob $50.00, key $30.00 and must show proof of ownership before they can order one. Called a locksmith who has made bike keys for me before $5.00. And Harley wonders why they're loosing business, at least Jessie James used a gun!

Tonto will sell ya anything , the Lone Ranger will take your money :Shrug:

All for now Trampas

The key only costs .50 cents,the extra $29.50 is to have it shipped from China.

I wear a Milwaukee 10 Pocket Leather vest. It has two gun pockets and my key/Fob goes into one of the little outside front pocket. Much more comfortable than tight jeans at my weight and age:) I don't carry anything in my jean pockets.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png