Here my latest mod, cooling! Are U C@@l

Reaction score
That’s right the 100 plus heat in Texas along with the fact I won’t ride without safety gear has forced me to this. :cool:

Actually it works, and getting it ready is fast too, now, there are a lot of different makers and styles out there.

I went with strong reviews by fellow riders to help me chose Hyperkewl Motorcycle Vest made by TechNiche International.

I picked mine up on Amazon for under $35.00,

Simple V-neck w/ zipper closure; work for a wide range of people and uses

Can provide 5-10 hours of cooling relief per soaking

Lightweight, easy to activate, and durable

Comfortable, quilted nylon outer with HyperKewl Cooling Fabric inner, water-repellent nylon liner, and black cotton-poly elastic trim

Adult Sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, Custom

Adult Colors: Silver, Blue, Black, Hi Viz Lime, Khaki, Pink, Marine Desert, Army ACU

Now getting it ready is done by dipping it in water for 1-2 minutes is all, I used the bathroom sink. :confused:

Then wringing it out to get the excess water out, adds about 2 pounds of weight to the vest which is made from a very thin material.

Next slip it on and zip it up, I then put on my armored IXS MONTEVIDEO II Touring Jacket, with all the mesh vents open.

The initial feeling after putting it on is slightly cooler, once on the road with air moving its way better than without the vest.

Now I ware a T-shirt under it and the T will get wet, but the water is not dripping off it, IT Works, so I give this a big thumbs up. ThumbUp ThumbUp

It’s not an air conditioner, but it does reduce your core temperature down, which allows me to ride in the Heat of the day. :clapping:

No w how long the vest will stay wet I can’t say, as I hove only gone out on one hour rides so far and the vest is still plenty wet when I get back, besides if you needed could always stop and re-wet it in a bathroom sink when getting fuel.

This is a must have if you’re riding in hot weather. :biglol:

Vest.jpg

David Hilton Ret. USN ETC/SS :captain:

Kind of looks like the one I bought from HD a few years back ... if you couple that with a neck bandana that you soak ... little crystals in it ... you might need a jacket ... LOL. The neck thing keeps that head cool by cooling blood to it ... not sure about that ... but it does work.

I have one like that except mine is silver and blue. Bought it at Cycle Gear. Folded up it fits inside a gallon Zip lock bag. carry it in the trunk until needed in the bag

That’s right the 100 plus heat in Texas along with the fact I won’t ride without safety gear has forced me to this. :cool:

Actually it works, and getting it ready is fast too, now, there are a lot of different makers and styles out there.

I went with strong reviews by fellow riders to help me chose Hyperkewl Motorcycle Vest made by TechNiche International.

I picked mine up on Amazon for under $35.00,

Simple V-neck w/ zipper closure; work for a wide range of people and uses

Can provide 5-10 hours of cooling relief per soaking

Lightweight, easy to activate, and durable

Comfortable, quilted nylon outer with HyperKewl Cooling Fabric inner, water-repellent nylon liner, and black cotton-poly elastic trim

Adult Sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, Custom

Adult Colors: Silver, Blue, Black, Hi Viz Lime, Khaki, Pink, Marine Desert, Army ACU

Now getting it ready is done by dipping it in water for 1-2 minutes is all, I used the bathroom sink. :confused:

Then wringing it out to get the excess water out, adds about 2 pounds of weight to the vest which is made from a very thin material.

Next slip it on and zip it up, I then put on my armored IXS MONTEVIDEO II Touring Jacket, with all the mesh vents open.

The initial feeling after putting it on is slightly cooler, once on the road with air moving its way better than without the vest.

Now I ware a T-shirt under it and the T will get wet, but the water is not dripping off it, IT Works, so I give this a big thumbs up. ThumbUp ThumbUp

It’s not an air conditioner, but it does reduce your core temperature down, which allows me to ride in the Heat of the day. :clapping:

No w how long the vest will stay wet I can’t say, as I hove only gone out on one hour rides so far and the vest is still plenty wet when I get back, besides if you needed could always stop and re-wet it in a bathroom sink when getting fuel.

This is a must have if you’re riding in hot weather. :biglol:

View attachment 75053

David Hilton Ret. USN ETC/SS :captain:

I have had them for years. But even at 100 degrees it is still stinking hot. But it does save your life and keep your core cool. Trick I did on my last trip in July. Bring like a 3 gallon garbage bag with you. I put my vest in there and poured one bottle of water in it and walla, perfect for re-wetting and get going again. If I leave earlier and not super hot yet, it stores in that bag in your tour pack or trunk. Then ready when you need it.

I have a woman specific vest with a mandarin collar. I keep mine in the trunk from early spring to late fall in a one gallon Ziploc so I can pour cold water on it.

Mine is antique pink, really pretty, very cool.:)

When it's really hot ... 1-5*+ ... I've put ice inside my vest (I stop at a convince store and get the crushed ice, I offer to pay, that never accept it, I always buy bottle water too) ... as it melts ... it will re wet the vest .. but, you gotta have a shirt under the vest ... that ice is cold. :AGGHH:

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LTCBB77
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png