New to board

jimmyd

Aug 14, 2019
Battle Creek
Hi all, I am Jim England and I am from Battle Creek, Mi. which is not far from the Indiana and Ohio border. I am 72 and have been riding since I was 15, even doing some racing and hill climbing in my way younger years. Besides some old modified racing bikes, I have owned a Yamaha 500 enduro, Honda 450 road and dirt bike, Yamaha 1100 cruiser, 1999 Honda Valkyrie, 2004 Triumph Rocket 3, 2003 Honda Valkyrie, and currently own a 2014 Honda F6B. Joined the board because I am thinking about trikeing the F6B. So I obviously have questions. Have never ridden a trike before, but getting up there in age it is getting harder to haul myself and the wife around. Actually hauling is not a problem, but the tight turns in parking lots, gravel or slippery surfaces, and backing up, is getting harder. I enjoy the power of the F6B and it's handling so I am not sure that a trike will be speedy enough for me. I know you add weight when the trike kit is added, just not sure how much that effects performance (not that I am racing), just don't want to lose the fun. I know I have to try and test drive one, but not many in my area to do that. Anyway I'll be lurking on the board and asking questions.

:welcome: To the Trike Talk Family! FROM SOUTH
attachment.php
Angleton, TX

Howdy James!

Welcome from another Michigander. Don't worry about the speed. It may take a while to learn it. You might lose a little speed but in the twisties, you will not be left behind. I have had two wheelers pull over to let me pass because I was pushing them.:D

If you get up this way, we available for a ride.

Jan & John

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoolmanJC

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoolmanJC
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png