Trike owners

John! Welcome to TrikeTalk! Upgrade??? That’s a beautiful rig and Hannigan is a well respected conversion.

Whatever you wind up with ride it on over to Kerrville the last week in September and join us for the TrikeTalk Texas Hill Country Reunion 2019. No registration fee, no prizes, no awards...just a fun time riding the hill country, eating, and kick’n tires! It’s a mix of vehicles - all are welcome. Hope to see ya here!

Test as many as possible enjoy shopping for one then follow your gut feeling as which one fits you the best. One person's dream is another one's Nightmare take your time and enjoy the ride. :biggrin: Travel safe Fred

Just my 2cents,stay away from any with the hydraulic clutch,issues with oil transfer. Look for a low mileage 13 or down,the 103 motor is pretty bullet proof.

Just my 2cents,stay away from any with the hydraulic clutch,issues with oil transfer. Look for a low mileage 13 or down,the 103 motor is pretty bullet proof.

So,did you have trouble with your 16 trans oil migrating ???? Curious why you say 13 down ?? I had not heard of any 16's having that problem.

103 is a good motor. The 103 in 14 is a better motor. Any trike you look at now that's used will have had the clutch issue fixed if it had the clutch issue at all. There is Zero oil migration issues on the Rushmore bikes. At least I've never heard of one. That's the Milwaukee 8 issue. I've had an 11 and a 16. Theres a difference and you'll notice it. The wife has a 15 and I now have a 19. If budget allows. The 19 with all the new technology is the way to go. But if it were me. I'd look bo older than a 14.

Had a Ultra with the 103 and it was a good motor. Got my first trike (16) and it was great for over 20,000 miles. Now on a 19 trike with almost 6,000 miles on the M8 and zero issues.

Like someone else said, do a couple test rides at a dealership. Heck, if you find the right dealership you could probably test ride a 19 plus maybe a 16, 17, and 18 used.

I had a 2005 CVO Ultra with 69,000 miles on it, a 2012 Victory Cross Country Tour with 30,000 miles on it and now a 2015 Free Wheeler with 31,000 miles on it plus a couple of Honda GL-1800s, all with hydraulic clutches and no problems with the clutches. I also had numerous other bikes with manual clutches and a broken clutch cable will sure ruin your day. I prefer a hydraulic clutch.

Sunman

Reactions: MDO
I had a 2005 CVO Ultra with 69,000 miles on it, a 2012 Victory Cross Country Tour with 30,000 miles on it and now a 2015 Free Wheeler with 31,000 miles on it plus a couple of Honda GL-1800s, all with hydraulic clutches and no problems with the clutches. I also had numerous other bikes with manual clutches and a broken clutch cable will sure ruin your day. I prefer a hydraulic clutch.

Sunman

Same here Danny.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png