first trip on new triglide

seniorsgt

150+ Posts
Jul 22, 2019
marquette mi
took my first trip out of state to visit family and friends. I only had 400 miles when I started but there were no problems in 800 mile accept for my headset quit in Milwaukee when I really needed the nav prompts. goes in Thursday for 1000(has 1200 on it now) mile check. After 45 years not riding found out I have a 2 1/2 -3 hour butt guess ill have to break that in too. told my son its going to take the undertaker along time to get the smile off my face.

took my first trip out of state to visit family and friends. I only had 400 miles when I started but there were no problems in 800 mile accept for my headset quit in Milwaukee when I really needed the nav prompts. goes in Thursday for 1000(has 1200 on it now) mile check. After 45 years not riding found out I have a 2 1/2 -3 hour butt guess ill have to break that in too. told my son its going to take the undertaker along time to get the smile off my face.

I Have a two hour prostrate.....:(.....Butt time...:Shrug:...

Seat time

When getting a custom seat like a Russell or a Corbin, they say it takes a minimum of 1k miles for it to conform to your butt and visa versa. So when I got mine I just speeded up the process by sitting on it sleeping for a night.:D

When getting a custom seat like a Russell or a Corbin, they say it takes a minimum of 1k miles for it to conform to your butt and visa versa. So when I got mine I just speeded up the process by sitting on it sleeping for a night.:D

And it also helps if you hold on tight to the pillow and go 'Voom-'Voom!..:laugh:...

Sounds like a great ride Sarge. I might be able to stay in the saddle for 3 hours but I never do. An hour and a half to two hours is my max. Anything longer and I start having flashbacks that I am no longer retired and in a hurry for some reason.

Great Job SeniorSgt on getting out there on the new ride. I bought into my Tri Glide early... at age 60 cuz I knew I will ride it until I'm at least 80. Just finished a 500 mile ride. I made it a point to stop every 50 miles, if for nothing more than to drink some water. But that was back roads. On the freeway I might go 100 and then make my stops for gas. I have a stock seat. I want the hammock, but I'll have to figure out some way to keep my wife's grab bars. I also kept my Air Hawk that I used on the BMW and sometimes I'll throw that on there. Otherwise I try to keep most of my days at no more than 300 to 350. I start to get road weary after that.

BTW. 21 years army, Retired as 1SG. My ass isn't the problem. It's my back.

Have a good ride.

Great Job SeniorSgt on getting out there on the new ride. I bought into my Tri Glide early... at age 60 cuz I knew I will ride it until I'm at least 80. Just finished a 500 mile ride. I made it a point to stop every 50 miles, if for nothing more than to drink some water. But that was back roads. On the freeway I might go 100 and then make my stops for gas. I have a stock seat. I want the hammock, but I'll have to figure out some way to keep my wife's grab bars. I also kept my Air Hawk that I used on the BMW and sometimes I'll throw that on there. Otherwise I try to keep most of my days at no more than 300 to 350. I start to get road weary after that.

Have a good ride.

I tried a Hammock (dealer had a demo) and it most definitely will not fit with the passenger grab rails in place. So I decided on a heated Mustang saddle and am very, very happy with my choice. It fits just fine with the grab rails in place and the wife and I think it is more comfortable than the Hammock saddle. I had three different CVOs previously that had the Hammock and it is a fine saddle. We just think the Mustang is more comfortable.

I had a sore butt for a while, then I purchased a Airhawk inflatable seat cushion, it made a big difference for not much money

image.jpeg

Have a good ride.

I have a 2016 Triglide with a heated Hammock seat and with the factory passenger grab rail on the trike. No problems putting the seat on the trike.

I tried a Hammock (dealer had a demo) and it most definitely will not fit with the passenger grab rails in place. So I decided on a heated Mustang saddle and am very, very happy with my choice. It fits just fine with the grab rails in place and the wife and I think it is more comfortable than the Hammock saddle. I had three different CVOs previously that had the Hammock and it is a fine saddle. We just think the Mustang is more comfortable.

Here is a second vote for the Mustang seat (although mine is not heated). In the stock seat I started to squirm after about 30 to 40 minutes. Now it seems bladder and/or gas tank is the limiting factor.

JAmes P.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png