also in Cent. Fla, Melbourne

Feb 2, 2011
melbourne, FL
also in Cent. Fla, Melbourne
been riding 2 for about 45 years, got a nice chunk of brain cancer last June, well, was diagnosed then, thought I had a stroke, was paralyzed in right arm and leg, they did some "stuff" got it shrunk, and I jumped all over PT.. amazed the lady that gave it to me.. was drivin the "Cube" by 1st of Sept., and in Oct tried to back out my 03 Honda vtx1800r..
goin backward, with a big bike to lot's different muscles than walk forward:) so.. it didn't go well..as I had been saying for years "next bike a trike" on GP's, looked at a few, Can-am and such, but Tuesday went to the HD store in Palm Bay w/ a friend that had done lots of business w/ them..bottom line, I rode, and signed a contract on the 2011 ultra glide..
was havin a hard time not puttin my feet down, Jack, sales came over, gave me a pep talk, and said.. ya know, if you get this, you can leave it here, come here for a few days and drive it in out lot (they have req bike training course) until your comfortable.. that took pressure off yesterday, signed, went back this morning, rode for an hour, only time I "thought" about puttin foot down, was when I practiced "power stops".. backed it into parking places, did figure 8's, and got a lot more comfortable.. waiting on my money lady to send me the balance, so, will bring it home Fri, or Monday!!

ah, the money lady, ain't MY lady...I'm 60, and it seems I do relationships often, but not well:) just me at the moment...and...it sure has been a long moment..
I will see if I can get a pic up!

You will soon be smooth and comfortable on the trike, Jack. Have fun with it!
And blessings as you continue to heal :)

:wave4: Welcome to Trike Talk. You are going to Love your new ride! It won't take long to remember that you don't need to put your feet down when you come to a stop. After you get the hang of things the hardest part will be trying to wipe that big smile off your face when someone asks about your trike. Congrats to you!ThumbUp

also in cent. Fla, melbourne
been riding 2 for about 45 years, got a nice chunk of brain cancer last june, well, was diagnosed then, thought i had a stroke, was paralyzed in right arm and leg, they did some "stuff" got it shrunk, and i jumped all over pt.. Amazed the lady that gave it to me.. Was drivin the "cube" by 1st of sept., and in oct tried to back out my 03 honda vtx1800r..
Goin backward, with a big bike to lot's different muscles than walk forward:) so.. It didn't go well..as i had been saying for years "next bike a trike" on gp's, looked at a few, can-am and such, but tuesday went to the hd store in palm bay w/ a friend that had done lots of business w/ them..bottom line, i rode, and signed a contract on the 2011 ultra glide..
Was havin a hard time not puttin my feet down, jack, sales came over, gave me a pep talk, and said.. Ya know, if you get this, you can leave it here, come here for a few days and drive it in out lot (they have req bike training course) until your comfortable.. That took pressure off yesterday, signed, went back this morning, rode for an hour, only time i "thought" about puttin foot down, was when i practiced "power stops".. Backed it into parking places, did figure 8's, and got a lot more comfortable.. Waiting on my money lady to send me the balance, so, will bring it home fri, or monday!!

welcome aboard. Sound like the salesperson had their act together. The more you ride the more comforable it will be. By 400 to 500 miles it will be second nature. Keep up the parking lot work then venture forth, you will be saying wht did i wait so long.

The worst part of putting my feet down when stopping my 2010 Tri-Glide was my wife yelling "Busted". I don't to it too often anymore. Good luck with yours.

Was a reg at Ron Jon Surf Shop Eatin Sliders at Buccaneer Bill Oyster Bar they still there ? I loved the way the girls opened the Oysters and clams. BTW good luck with the trike . Read up on it because the quiz you get every time you stop for gas is intense . Never know who you could pick up at one of them GAS stops too.
these things attract chicks like Puppies and babies do . <LOL>

don't know of Buck Bills, ron jon not only here, expanding..and, yep, got the trike to enjoy the ride...and....well, I will leave it AT THAT;)

Just some hope and encouragement offered here, my daughter had brain cancer at age 7..... she is now 48!! Keep your wits, and do what the doctors tell you, and you'll be ridin a LONG time!!!! God bless, jimsjinx

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png