Bug Removal

My guess is some of these expensive bug removal sprays are 90% hydrogen peroxide with a little of there own stuff to call it there’s and put that big $$ on it.

Wish my fellow cyclist would try this stuff sure made life easier.

R

It took me awhile to talk a couple friends into trying it, now they b.... to me that I should of convinced them sooner! Ha

When I returned from a recent 2,500 mile trip, my trike was covered in week old bugs.

I am not big on water washing, but I had a bottle of S100 cleaner sitting around for a while & sprayed down the cool to the touch trike completely, then hosed it off & was amazed at how well it worked. I just dried it and followed up with a coat of Lucas Speed Wax on the paint & my baby was back.

Everytime I wash and wax my trike (I wash it after EVERY ride/ and give it a good total [all over] wax job everytime it rains... (YES! I do, sit in my garage, put on head phones, get a good "buzz on") and listen to my Led Zeppelin...... :clapping:

I always also give the windshield a good coat of wax, bugs, just roll off by just using soap and water.... :laugh:

Ronnie

Don't let those bugs dry on the used micro fiber and then reuse it, that's not good. A good rinse in warm water water after use and let air dry, micro fiber will last longer without having to run it through the wash cycle. Common sense prevails, if ya drop it or get grease or something foreign on it, it is no longer your friend, trash bucket is your best option.

I drive too slow for bugs to stick ......And i also spray the Slingshot with Off, Deep Woods Repellent...Scares the bugs away....;).....

:xzqxz: I have had several bad experiences with OFF! repellent on paint and plastic here in buggy FLA.

The golf course mowers have LED lights at head level, they attract bugs in the early morning dark... so instead of spraying themselves, the operators sprayed the lights. Now they are a milky opaque white lens instead of clear.

Had a couple watch 'crystals' do this also after bug spray.

The worst was my wife's 2010 golf. I sprayed myself down in the garage next to it before venturing out...and the spots on the paint were there until we had to turn it in for recall. I kept that well waxed also. Stuff ate right through it.

I would test bug spray in a hidden area of paint and/or plastic before spraying the ride down.

(and if you were trolling for fun Rhino2 ...ya got me! :laugh: )

I said it in my above post already, BUT put a nice COAT OF WAX on your windshield............ Not only will the bugs not stick BUT rain water just rolls off as well! :clapping:

Ronnie

Slick Mist. Great stuff and bugs come off easier if you don't let them harden overnight but clean that shield after the ride.

what-is-the-last-thing-that-goes-through-a-bugs-mind-when-he-hits-a-windshield-his-butt
:D

Down here in the land of the twice a year love bugs (Florida) I have found a dryer sheet dipped in the normal soapy wash water works pretty darn well.

Lancer13

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png