Temperature Gauge

Reaction score
The temperature gauge on my 16 Trike always reads several degrees higher than radio reports or Bank signs show? Is this something that is a problem with them all or is there a way to improve its accuracy?

I think it has a lot to do if the sun is warming the area where the sensor is. Also at times the sensor can be getting heat from the motor.

Reactions: MDO
In my experience those bank signs are often quite inaccurate. And as for the radio the temp reading could be from a weather station miles from where you are. I do think the digital temp readout on the Rushmore bikes may be a few degrees high but it is a whole lot better than the old style analog gauge in the pre-Rushmore models. Doubt there is any way to calibrate it.

The temperature gauge on my 16 Trike always reads several degrees higher than radio reports or Bank signs show? Is this something that is a problem with them all or is there a way to improve its accuracy?

Radio reports and bank signs are reading low......;)-;)...Because they aren't sitting near a heat pump...AKA...Engine...:Shrug:...

My 2010 was like 15 or 20 degrees high. I finally got the Dealer to relocate the sensor and it didn't cure the inaccuracy but it brought it to with 3 or 4 degrees of being accurate.

Temp Gauge

My 2010 was like 15 or 20 degrees high. I finally got the Dealer to relocate the sensor and it didn't cure the inaccuracy but it brought it to with 3 or 4 degrees of being accurate.

All moco Air temp gauges are Trash. Have an oil Temp gauge installed, much more helpful than Air Temp. If it's Hot Outside You already know it

All moco Air temp gauges are Trash. Have an oil Temp gauge installed, much more helpful than Air Temp. If it's Hot Outside You already know it

That's true when it's hot. When it's hanging around freezing I want a little more accuracy than, "It's cold outside." I've always tried to ride 12 months a year and it get's cold in Iowa. That's why I retired to Texas 4 years ago. Not so important around here:)

Riding almost always in mountains (Rockies), I like having the temp gauge, even with it's inaccuracy to give me a basic idea I I should be looking for Ice on the roads.

Under the Texas sun the temp on my '02 Classic always read 15 - 20 degrees too high in the summer. When I did the conversion I used the stock bezels to install a VDO PSI gauge for my air bags.

DSCF0849 (640x480).jpgPressure Gauge and Switch.jpg

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LTCBB77
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png