Can use all the tips and advice I can get!

Avoiding road trash

I just started riding a TG and I had to learn how to go around road snakes, dead skunks etc. It is totally different from a two up , still learning.

Nice Trike

Welcome to 3 wheels, all I can add is, on a bike you can easily lean out of the way for something in your path. If you don't have the time to turn out of the way and can't avoid it, hit it with your front tire. You'll easily start to notice things only a foot big can be missed by just missing it and letting it go between your front tire and one of the backs.

Welcome to 3 wheels, all I can add is, on a bike you can easily lean out of the way for something in your path. If you don't have the time to turn out of the way and can't avoid it, hit it with your front tire. You'll easily start to notice things only a foot big can be missed by just missing it and letting it go between your front tire and one of the backs.

Tim..........Welcome to Trike-Talk..........:clapping:.....

That's a really nice looking trike, congrats. I bought mine 3 years ago. You will be steering especially on turns so you will be using your arms more. (Gets a little use to doing it) so slow down at turns in the beginning. The feel is different from a 2 wheeler so don't push hard on your first ride. Just enjoy.

Super nice Trike just be careful when stopping because you have extra weight even though you have more rubber when you stop your weight shifts to the front you are able to enjoy the scenery more don't get too complacent just ride and enjoy. Also be careful when riding with a group.

Welcome from MI.

One thing I learned from years of kayaking, Don't use just your arms. Lock your outside(of the curve) arm, and rotate your upper body from the waist. Tummy muscles are the largest and strongest muscles in your body and for most of us, they need more exercise:D. It also tends to pull your leg tighter to your bike, helping counter the sliding off feeling. When you get that "running out of road" feeling, push harder. Once you get some miles in, you will enjoy out turning the 2 wheelers.

Years ago, I encountered a young couple that bought matching kayaks. The macho male would easily paddle away from his tiny wife and leave her flailing far behind. I paddled up to the tired and discouraged wife and shared a few secrets. It took a few minutes to learn but she caught up with her husband and when he ran out of steam, passed him like he was standing still.

Hello Ben

welcome to trike talk from east Texas , first thing that come to mind ( remember the rear are a lot wider than a 2 wheeler) if you can reach out and touch a post or something you are to close. stay in your laine on the hwy. the rest will come . and you are going to love the trike world

Just remember, "what yea miss with your front wheel" you'll hit with the rear wheel.........So learn to adjust, it won't be long that everything just feels natural, and you'll never want a two wheel'er again.....:):)

Ronnie

Getting the hang of it.

Thoughts after three days of riding. First day 30 minutes and to be honest hated it, really bad leg cramps and all so foreign. 2nd day a 60 minute ride, ok starting to get a feel for this and found some leg positions on the highway pegs that helped a lot. 3rd day a 90 minute ride, hey these curves can be a lot of fun. Got home from this ride with a big smile on my face, only quit cause it's so bloody hot it Florida. This trike riding is going to be fun!

Glad to hear things are trending toward the up-side for you!

Steady as she goes and you’ll be enjoying ALL the rides before you know it!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png