Can use all the tips and advice I can get!

I will be picking up my first trike "1998 1500 with CSC conversion" in about a week. I will be riding it home, a trip of about 90 miles. I have 45 years two wheel experience but zero on a trike. I'm a little apprehensive and any tips on getting home alive and well would be greatly appreciated. I was planning on

avoiding the interstate and staying on back roads or is my thinking wrong.

67758789_3010017799040630_8554285289701376000_n.jpg

Don’t take the curves faster than the sign says...for now..until you become comfortable with the handling.

Ride only at your comfort zone.

And remember you now have a very wide rear-end...watch getting too close to everything...gas pumps, other vehicles, etc. It is easy to forget about that big butt since it is behind you and the regular narrow look of the motorcycle is under and forward of you.

Very nice looking trike..enjoy.

Ben +1 on all that has been said. I would also suggest that you first find a parking lot or something like that with enough room to do some slow turns and emergency stops etc. If you have any snow mobile or ATV experience you will find that it rides very similar. But try to get a bit of slow parking lot time in first. Hit the road ride same.

Ben, That is one beautiful trike and I'm sure you will enjoy it. Once you get some miles behind you there will be questions you will have I'm sure. There are many things people on this site can share about how to enhance your riding experience. Welcome to the wonderful world of triking.

And Ben. - it is a MOTORCYCLE - just clutch, throttle, and brake....as you have ridden for many years... the rest is instinct and will come naturally to you... no sweat! Enjoy!

Let us know how that ride home goes!

:welcome: To the Trike Talk Family! FROM SOUTH
attachment.php
Angleton, TX

Howdy Ben!

The one thing I did not see mentioned ....

I will be picking up my first trike "1998 1500 with CSC conversion" in about a week. I will be riding it home, a trip of about 90 miles. I have 45 years two wheel experience but zero on a trike. I'm a little apprehensive and any tips on getting home alive and well would be greatly appreciated. I was planning on

View attachment 75921

I was/am a newbie trike rider myself and I had to learn to pay CLOSE attention to rolling on the throttle during left hand turns. Since you are not leaning and instead steering, to me anyway, it seemed all too natural to roll on the throttle during those turns!

Nice looking ride, btw, enjoy!

Highway

View attachment 75921

Ben, I would suggest staying on the highway. Your biggest adjustments will be cornering. You use your arms and shoulders when cornering on a Trike. You will also notice the sensation to slide off your seat in corners, these things will become natural within a few weeks of riding. On the highway you will experience little difference between riding a Bike VS a Trike.

PS. Remember never put your feet on the ground when you stop, you will run over your foot with your back wheel😳

As mentioned you will be using upper body muscles to turn instead of counter-steering. hit is much easier (less tiring) if you push on the opposite bar to turn rather than pulling on the bar on the turning direction.

Ben, I would suggest staying on the highway. Your biggest adjustments will be cornering. You use your arms and shoulders when cornering on a Trike. You will also notice the sensation to slide off your seat in corners, these things will become natural within a few weeks of riding. On the highway you will experience little difference between riding a Bike VS a Trike.

PS. Remember never put your feet on the ground when you stop, you will run over your foot with your back wheel😳

I will be picking up my first trike "1998 1500 with CSC conversion" in about a week. I will be riding it home, a trip of about 90 miles. I have 45 years two wheel experience but zero on a trike. I'm a little apprehensive and any tips on getting home alive and well would be greatly appreciated. I was planning on avoiding the interstate and staying on back roads or is my thinking wrong.View attachment 75921

When I brought Gideon home after adding the third wheel, I told my wife we ruined a good bike. However, after two weeks with her sitting behind me yelling "Feet Up, Feet Up" I realized what a smart decision we made. Take your time you will love it. :)

God bless,

Bob aka Gideon

Nice trike. As already said steer into the turn and you don’t lean but moving you upper body to the inside will keep you flatter around the turn and helps eliminate that tipping over feeling. It took me about 1,000 miles to get comfortable. Took an approved three wheel rider training program too and it was worth it. Enjoy. :cool:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png