Clicking sound from rear when ignition is turned on

Hey all, been out of town for a couple months and when i got back i decided to fire up the trike, 2013 F6b with motortrike raptor, when i turned the ignition key on heard clicking sound that appeared to be coming from the rear portion of the bike. Clicking lasted a few seconds and went away. Trike fired right up and seemed fine, took her for a spin and besides being neglected all seemed well. To be clear, clicking started when i turned the key, not when i tried to start it. Also, the handlebar switch was in the off position, not sure if that matters but figured i would through that out there.

This happened two days in a row but won't do it right away after I cycle the ignition (i dont have to start it, just turning the ignition off and back on). Have it on tender so it's not the battery. Need to wait another day or two and see if i can isolate the sound further, any thoughts?

Hey all, been out of town for a couple months and when i got back i decided to fire up the trike, 2013 F6b with motortrike raptor, when i turned the ignition key on heard clicking sound that appeared to be coming from the rear portion of the bike. Clicking lasted a few seconds and went away. Trike fired right up and seemed fine, took her for a spin and besides being neglected all seemed well. To be clear, clicking started when i turned the key, not when i tried to start it. Also, the handlebar switch was in the off position, not sure if that matters but figured i would through that out there.

This happened two days in a row but won't do it right away after I cycle the ignition (i dont have to start it, just turning the ignition off and back on). Have it on tender so it's not the battery. Need to wait another day or two and see if i can isolate the sound further, any thoughts?

Fuel pump priming up...:Shrug:....

so i pulled the seat today to check the relays for chatter and it wasn't that... even further below / behind. it appears the sound is the air suspension pump coming on momentarily.... which I'm not sure why it would without a demand for more air. i'm embarrassed to say i can't remember whether or not this has always happened so i emailed tech support.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biker Grandma

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biker Grandma
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png