Maggie Valley 2020

David357

30500+ Posts
May 31, 2015
Hobe Sound, FL.
With the recent success of the 2019 Maggie Valley Gathering behind us, a few of the group indicated that we should consider changing the 2020 Maggie Valley event dates. I heard various reasons that included not traveling on holiday weekends, tropical weather events and more.

As a group, we will decide the event dates. Therefore, I would ask all who are interested in a 2020 Maggie Valley Gathering to please post your time frame preference. This will give us time to make the necessary pre-arrangements with the hotel and other facilities.

My time frame preference is anytime between June 1, 2020 and August 1, 2020.

Your thoughts please.:D

I can't say alot other than my company has a no vacation rule that rules out anything prior to July.At least during the riding season.Truthfully earlier than August might keep me away for various reasons.

Don’t know what it’s like there in August , but it’s the hottest month here in the NE. No one can predict weather. This year was ideal in both directions. :clapping:With the storm and all it was a crap shoot.

Frankie can’t take the heat , the fall temps are ideal . As far as the Labor Day traffic , yes it was bizy, but there was no traffic delays both ways. After all it’s AFTER labor day weekend.

Got to cross a few items off my bucket list . JMO—-

We prefer the present date.

We get the good rates because after labor day is not a peak season. We will lose the good rate!

Second or third week of Sept is better. Later gets into the busy fall color season.

July and August are too hot and crowded.

Jan & John

I agree with July and August being too hot and crowded and even though I don't / won't stay at BW (long story) after Labor Day does help with rates

present dates seem to work though I'd prefer a little later in September

We had to cancel due to Dr appt's. present dates are OK. B/W is great motel. Mid Sept is (9/22-9/26) new dates for Kerrville. They moved it up for us in the north. Last 2 years was cold & rainy coming home.

I agree also, June-July-August are just too hot and very crowded for a bunch of guys & gals on trikes. I have been going to Gatlinburg yearly since 1955 and it has always been that the best (read that as inexpensive) time to go is before Memorial day and just after Labor day. Sometimes the early spring dates are full of chances for rain. My vote would be to keep it the same or perhaps one week later. Thanks,

Brad

I don't know how to accurately do it but a check on many other rallies may be going on in the area at the same time would be a good idea.We could end up with more conflicts with room availability and not as peaceful a time if we mess with it.Also if we seriously consider a date change a check with the hotel about that date before we finalize our plans would be needed.

I think the current date is pretty good and we do get a great rate, temps are great, but the issue that a couple of folks have mentioned is that it is in the peak of hurricane season and we have been affected by that 2 or three years recently. That's one reason the attendance is low.

I don't know how to accurately do it but a check on many other rallies may be going on in the area at the same time would be a good idea.We could end up with more conflicts with room availability and not as peaceful a time if we mess with it.Also if we seriously consider a date change a check with the hotel about that date before we finalize our plans would be needed.

True because the week after our normal date is the Thunder in the Valley Rally every year...

I think the current date is pretty good and we do get a great rate, temps are great, but the issue that a couple of folks have mentioned is that it is in the peak of hurricane season and we have been affected by that 2 or three years recently. That's one reason the attendance is low.

:Agree: hurricane season is especially troubling and unpredictable for all Florida or East coast folks. The cancellations reflected this point.

As for the temps, I have been to Maggie Valley over the last 10 years and the daytime/nightime temps seem cooler to me in June, July and early August. The top of the Blue Ridge was 48 degrees a few times. There was also less heavy afternoon thunderstorm activity.

As for the hotel rates being a determining factor of the event date, we could negotiate some tentative rates and see where they fall once we have a consensus on some dates.

I agree also, June-July-August are just too hot and very crowded for a bunch of guys & gals on trikes. I have been going to Gatlinburg yearly since 1955 and it has always been that the best (read that as inexpensive) time to go is before Memorial day and just after Labor day. Sometimes the early spring dates are full of chances for rain. My vote would be to keep it the same or perhaps one week later. Thanks,

Brad

TwoBye makes a good point, I'm down with that.

I'm good with the current dates. I have rain gear for the ride home:):)

From now on I will probably won't stay at BW since I will be living in my toy hauler. However, if something happens to that, I would need a room at the Inn..:clapping::clapping:

Need to Know Dates

In my situation I need to have vacation requests for 2020 in by early December. The traditional time frame or a week later works pretty well with my weird schedule for me to take days off to get across country. I am hoping that dates for 2020 will be nailed down so I can put it on my schedule.

Kurt

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png