• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

1st. ride on my FLRT Free Wheeler (about 10 ft.)

What Did You Do To Your Freewheeler Today?

Got my bike service other day They called me back to the bay where my bike was & ask me had I spilled any thing in the Trunk I said no, looked at the pipes they were cover in road film & tar Well, today I sprayed Bike cleaner on them & brushed & washed off, no way I can get that Tar off with out a lift. I use 4-0000 to clean boot marks.

got 23,000 miles on bike. (2015 Free Wheeler)

Just wondering if any body else has run into this problem?313321765_3939304042972470_7867541123802990980_n.jpg

Got my bike service other day They called me back to the bay where my bike was & ask me had I spilled any thing in the Trunk I said no, looked at the pipes they were cover in road film & tar Well, today I sprayed Bike cleaner on them & brushed & washed off, no way I can get that Tar off with out a lift. I use 4-0000 to clean boot marks. got 23,000 miles on bike. (2015 Free Wheeler)

Just wondering if any body else has run into this problem?

I get under my '21 Free every once in awhile and put some chrome polish on the mufflers. They can get rather dirty, but I've never seen anything like that tar build up your pic shows.

Got my bike service other day They called me back to the bay where my bike was & ask me had I spilled any thing in the Trunk I said no, looked at the pipes they were cover in road film & tar Well, today I sprayed Bike cleaner on them & brushed & washed off, no way I can get that Tar off with out a lift. I use 4-0000 to clean boot marks.

got 23,000 miles on bike. (2015 Free Wheeler)

Just wondering if any body else has run into this problem?View attachment 110405

Run the bike until the pipes get hot. Spray oven cleaner. let it soak for a couple minutes, than start wiping. Pipes must be hot while wiping, so wear gloves. May take more than one or two tries. It worked for getting rubber and tar of my head pipe chrome covers.

Run the bike until the pipes get hot. Spray oven cleaner. let it soak for a couple minutes, than start wiping. Pipes must be hot while wiping, so wear gloves. May take more than one or two tries. It worked for getting rubber and tar of my head pipe chrome covers.

Yes this works good, I ran over a plastic bag near Atlanta

Damn thing made a hell of a mess on my mufflers

When I got home, the next day I did exactly what you have posted, It worked good, I did have to use a plastic razor blade on a couple of spots, after I was done I polished the mufflers with chrome polish, followed up with some spray lemon pledge wax

If you still have the sportster ride once in a while to keep your two wheel balance going. I have both a FW and a sportster.

^^^^THIS^^^^^

After 4 years on a Tri-Glide, I recently went back to a Heritage.....I was a bit shaky for the first 50 or so miles.......

The '76 Superglide was only a few days old. My sleeping bag was in a issue waterproof. She was a redhead standing on the shoulder wearing cut off jeans and had her possessions in a Glad bag ( all the rage back then) Im a sucker for redheads. She let the stupid bag touch my rear pipe and it melted. At a gas station the mechanic who God made one day after he made dirt told me to use Easy Off. It worked but it took a lot of scraping. She made up for the inconvenience.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png