Flight 93 Ride

ol' school

16500+ Posts
Sep 7, 2015
Mercersburg, PA
We rode our annual prigrimage to Flight 93 today with a group of friends. Becky and I have been there every year since the day President Bush was there for the first year ceremony. We were with a group from our Fire Department that year. We have rode our motorcycle with a group every year since. Very moving and sobering place. You leave with a tear in your eye every time. The things you see in the Visitors Center tears at your heartstrings.

MAY WE NEVER FORGET!

(Sorry the two bottom pics are sideways. They are of the Tower of Voices that is being completed now.)

Attachments

• phphSWtJdPM.jpg
    phphSWtJdPM.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 214
  • php7hkUhyPM.jpg
    php7hkUhyPM.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 216
  • phpdRwPvgPM.jpg
    phpdRwPvgPM.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 211
  • phpZ0IN8HPM.jpg
    phpZ0IN8HPM.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 197
  • phpWmihTcPM.jpg
    phpWmihTcPM.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 216
  • phpLVsLxfPM.jpg
    phpLVsLxfPM.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 214
I could go on and google it, but since you've just come from there I figured I ask for a real answer vs one from google!

Is this memorial on the actual site of the plane crash, Doug?

I could go on and google it, but since you've just come from there I figured I ask for a real answer vs one from google!

Is this memorial on the actual site of the plane crash, Doug?

Yes Pete... the walkway in the second picture follows the path of Flight 93 as it was coming down. It takes you out to the overlook in the third picture. If you look at the third pic you can see a walkway off in the distance. At the end of it you can another straight line heading to the treeline. At the end of that is a boulder that is hard to see in the picture that was placed at the exact spot the plane tore a huge hole into the earth as it hit. The boulder was placed after the hole was filled in. All the pieces of the plane have been returned to the site after the investigation was done and is buried there as of last year. There are a few of the pieces on display in the Visitor Center Museum.

Been up there a number of times, sometimes a dedicated trip from home, sometimes a side trip. Always, awe inspiring.

Yes, first time was just a year afterwards. Always windy.

Is the Bucyrus still on the hill top?

I did not notice whether it was still there or not. I was too busy with some of the folks that rode with us. My wife says she don't remember seeing it this time.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png