Prayer Request

FuzzyWuzHe

Dec 30, 2014
Grand Junction, Co. USA
This afternoon my little buddy, Harley, had a "seizure" (I don't know what else to call it) while walking down the steps to go outside. I ran to get him and he was over it, but, he wasn't right. I called the vet and took him in. The vet is doing some tests and wants to hold him overnight for observation.

I have no idea how this will impact my trip to Kerrville, but, I'm guessing it would be a no go ... not sure I could leave him with mom in her condition.

I'll keep you updated, but, in the meantime, all prayers are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Update

I just got a call from the doc (vet) he tells me Harley had a "sorta stroke" and he believes there was no permanent damage but he is gonna keep Harley for "awhile" to get some meds sorted out to help him (couple of days) ... I have to admit, I really didn't understand what he was saying .. to be honest, I'm kind of in shock.

He did say that he would probably need some help for awhile ... and that he'd show me how to help him get stronger ... I gotta be there for the little guy ... please keep up the prayers as I am a staunch advocate for the power of prayer.

Harley and I have been though a lot and he's my best bud in the world. I called and cancelled my Kerrville reservations and will have to cancel the rest. Right now, I can't conceive of me driving or riding 1100 miles with the little guy on my mind. Getting through the next couple days will be rough enough.

Not been a great summer for me with mom and now Harley ... but, I have faith in God's plan and that he is working it as He always does.

Thanks for your prayers ... God Bless

Sorry to hear that Alan, continued prayers for your mom's recovery and now for Harley too...heck, I'll throw in a few for you, no extra charge :Angel:

Update 2

Just got a call from the vets staff ... they knew I was concerned so the called to tell me that he is doing okay ... actually ate a little ... they may let him go home tomorrow or maybe Thursday ... depending on his strength. I will be able to go see him tomorrow ... so that may help both of us ... he will need some "therapy" ... doc's gonna teach me what to do ... God Willing .. we will both get through this.

Thanks for the prayers and the kind words ... :D .. It's a big part of why I love this forum.

Rough Night

Well it was a pretty sleepless night ... around 9pm, I got a call from one of the nurses that Harley ate some more and did actually walk around a little ... she said he was resting comfortably so that was a little comfort.

I on the other hand did not sleep much ... It's hard when I can't see him and know for myself ... I am going this morning to see him and learn a little about what I'll need to do to help him get stronger. Hopefully I'll be able to understand a little more about what he's going through.

Other than that ... lots of praying and hopefully, I'll be able to get him home soon.

Again ... thanks for all the kind words and prayers.

I'm saddened that I'll miss the BBQ ... but gladdened that I can be there for my little guy.

Like Lola said once ... there is always a spring trip to Kerrville ... might even get an extra day to go see Zook's shop ... that's still on my bucket list ... I have a feeling that in the future, the little guy will be going with me all the time ... :D

Harley's Home

Just got Harley home ... he's very tired and a little horse ... the doc said he'd been barking all day ... since I saw him ... he's glad to be home ... sleeping already .... doc said nothing showed up on the tests, no indication of stroke, epilepsy, heart issues, or any other permanent issues. Did show lots of inflammation associated with arthritis ... doc has him on an anti inflammatory med and wants me to keep up the CBD Powder

He will need to be brought outside and walked regularly ... and monitor his eating ... so some good news for a change,

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png