coil over to air shocks opinions needed

Reaction score
I have a 2007lGL1800 RS kit from new and the time has come to replace the coil overs. (listing on a turn).

Anybody have an experience with change in riding characteristics with this change?

Or if you have an original as is with air shocks.

Which shock mfg do you have?

Thanks

I have a 2007lGL1800 RS kit from new and the time has come to replace the coil overs. (listing on a turn).

Anybody have an experience with change in riding characteristics with this change?

Or if you have an original as is with air shocks.

Which shock mfg do you have?

Thanks

Apples to Cannon balls here.......With my Slingshot i put on JRI Adjustable coil-overs and they make a world of difference in the ride...ThumbUp

But like i said Apples to Cannon ball's.....:Shrug:...

you are correct

Apples to Cannon balls here.......With my Slingshot i put on JRI Adjustable coil-overs and they make a world of difference in the ride...ThumbUp

But like i said Apples to Cannon ball's.....:Shrug:...

The issue with the GL kit is that you can't get the spanner wrench on the coil overs without pulling the wheels, otherwise I would stay with them.

The issue with the GL kit is that you can't get the spanner wrench on the coil overs without pulling the wheels, otherwise I would stay with them.

I don't use a spanner ....The tool i use is like a screwdriver and i can pop in the end of the tool different size pins that fit my ring adjusters... But i guess with the Slingshot there is more room to turn them...And i don't even have to jack the Slingshot up to take pressure off the shocks to adjust them...

Re comment #3, adjusting those those coil over shocks is a huge job. If I had it to do over, I'd certainly consider air shocks, I think it would be softer ride.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png