New member and my new trike

Hi I have a question.How do you find the front end steering? Is it easy to turn front end at all speeds? Please advise

Steering with a trike is more of a push to turn left pull to turn right. Opposite for a lefty.

There is no turning per say of the front wheel No different then on 2 wheels but with out the lean.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh got Snoopy back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drop dead, gorgeous looking trike!!!

Looks like we have similar tastes in bikes, I’m wanting to get back into biking and considering a 2018 or 19 GL1800 DCT with CSC conversion.

I would prefer a turn-key, but having a hard time finding one the way I want equipped, so I may just have it built! A builder just through a curve at me and I don’t know which way to go, he suggested “EZ steer or CSC’s Powertrak…any thought would be appreciated.

Is there anything you would do differently if you were buying the trike today?

Jim

If you go with a CSC I would for sure get their power track.

Thanks’ for your input Bob.

I would appreciate you expanding on your remarks. Are you basing your comment on safety concerns, handling concerns, warranty concerns or another specific reasons to use "POWER“RACK" as opposed to something else?

I do plan on going with some sort of rake option, but at this point, I’m confused if I would be better off using CSC’s proprietary “POWERTRAK” kit or an after market EZ steer kit?

Often, be it a car, boat, motorcycle, etc., the OEM doesn’t always have the “BEST” possible options; that may or may not be the case with CSC’ “Powertrack”, but that’s what I’m trying to determine.

Thanks’,

Jim

front end CSC trike

Warranty concerns-If something is not right with a trike and you have used another, not the CSC’ “Powertrack” it could always be blamed on the other front end.

I have owned a 2010 and 2012 CSC Trike Goldwing. No problems. [FONT=&quot]I would think the factory did its homework on the Power track. As for the OEM I think this is a different situation. The last thing a company wants is warranty work.

It sounds to me that you are in the same mind frame as me. The CSC Encore has a nice look to it. I am looking for a builder who has had a lot of hands on with CSC trikes.

I have 2 more things to do on my list. (1)Drive one (2) Pick who will build it

If the front end feels good and light the only other thing to worry about is who I pick to build it.

If anyone on this Forum has recommendations of where and who to build it please advise me.

Dealers are welcome to respond,

Thankyou

[/FONT]

Warranty concerns-If something is not right with a trike and you have used another, not the CSC’ “Powertrack” it could always be blamed on the other front end.

I wouldn't think that to be so. Front rake kits as they are called are just more accessories, and if something was to go "south" (ie: wrong) with the trike parts installed when converted to trike, they are only gonna warranty their part at most.

Bike frame cracks, transmission explodes, clutch slips, engine blows up, electric wires leak smoke ...

… bike manufacturer may or may not honor a OEM bike warranty if it's been converted to a trike due to changes in design and use and different stresses imposed.

Swing arm breaks (SA), rear explodes, half shafts fall out (IRS), shocks collapse, drive shaft comes up through seat ...

...no way to attach cause to a rake kit that was selected.

If triple trees that come with rake kit fail, stem breaks loose at lower tree, bearings rust solid, etc …

... rake kit manufacturer is who I'd contact if still in warranty.

Drop dead, gorgeous looking trike!!!

Looks like we have similar tastes in bikes, I’m wanting to get back into biking and considering a 2018 or 19 GL1800 DCT with CSC conversion.

I would prefer a turn-key, but having a hard time finding one the way I want equipped, so I may just have it built! A builder just through a curve at me and I don’t know which way to go, he suggested “EZ steer or CSC’s Powertrak…any thought would be appreciated.

Is there anything you would do differently if you were buying the trike today?

Jim

This one does have the Power Trak front end installed and since this is my first trike I cant really say if its any better or not. I can say it steers like a dream and the handling is really impressive, its not "twitchy" when avoiding things in the road and it don't seem to follow the wheel ruts like I thought it would. Worst thing is I got a flat on the front in less then 1500 miles because the front wheel is in the middle where all the crap ends up and I picked up a nail.

… etc … I picked up a nail.
I found the addition of the rake kit (after riding awhile without) resulted in less tendency to follow ruts or worn tracks or pull right or left as the rear wheels encountered dips or pavement changes as I expected with reduced trail. I never noticed a twitch, but the steering is lighter (much like my transition from my '57 Chevy to a '69 VW, I adjusted quickly).

Front flat in first 1500 miles huh? Just your "dumb luck". Usually it's a front tire kicks a nail into standing position just in time to catch a rear tire following. Could have been someone you was following kick it up? Roofing nails will stay "stood up" alone.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png