Add Michael (MDO) to our prayers

The VA is setting up for me to have a CT scan to ensure I am a candidate for the TAVR valve replacement procedure. I am waiting for a call to schedule it. All this has to be done outside the VA, at a local hospital.

inmyprayers.jpg

Well, I have an appointment for next Wednesday to go across town and see a cardiac surgeon outside the VA. They are doing lab work & evaluating me, then I go back across town to have a CT scan at a different hospital. It will be a busy day.

My youngest son who's a federal agent is going to drive me.

This is the fastest way, otherwise I would have been waiting till the 1st. week of January, 2020.

We both have to get healthy my friend.

My middle sons corporation bought 325 acres of land about 20 minutes from Durango.

It has 1 big house & 2 smaller cabins on it. He listed the big house on AirB&B & in 24 hours it got booked for 3 separate weeks.

He wants me to move out there, so we could be CO neighbor's.:Dorag:

I have a day of labwork, appointments & tests today. I am lucky my youngest son is taking off to shuttle me around.

I have no idea how long it will take for a decision to be made on the next step, but the holidays will be a factor.

Update: Upon arriving at my 1st.appointment last week, the cardiac surgeon sent me directly to the ER of BJC hospital in St. Louis & I have been there since & after several tests, they know my valve is shot. They are still determining the best way to replace it, hopefully it will be the least invasive.:cool:

This is the best hospital I've ever been to.

Talk to them again about. ( Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement ). It's Great, I had this done last month and No pain No side effects. Less evasive than Open Heart. Only one night stay in Hospital. Best of luck to you.

• Thanks
Reactions: MDO
Talk to them again about. ( Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement ). It's Great, I had this done last month and No pain No side effects. Less evasive than Open Heart. Only one night stay in Hospital. Best of luck to you.

I agree. That's what they are looking at doing.

UPDATE...

THANKS ALL,

I am on day 10 in the hospital, all tests, scans, EKG's have been done & it looks like Monday or Tuesday for my trans aortic valve replacement procedure., known as TAVR.

I did not get to have my dental issues fixed, as I did not have time & had 3 teeth extracted.:xzqxz:

I don't recommend it. It appears that all systems are go, and should get the final word Monday morning.:cool::clapping:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png