Add Michael (MDO) to our prayers

Well, I'm back from the VA Hospital Thursday & Friday for more tests & they found a bad heart valve & want to replace it. They still need to do another test before this & want to see me next week to discuss everything.

They have a new procedures to replace heart valves that's truly amazing & minimuly invasive.

Well, I'm back from the VA Hospital Thursday & Friday for more tests & they found a bad heart valve & want to replace it. They still need to do another test before this & want to see me next week to discuss everything.

They have a new procedures to replace heart valves that's truly amazing & minimuly invasive.

It's good to know your problem has been found and even better to know they have new procedures.

Reactions: MDO
My neighbor recently had a valve and an artery y junction replaced with pig parts ... good news .... he feels better than he ever has.

Bad news ... he spends most of his days now rooting around looking for truffles ... :Shrug:

All kidding aside ... I'll be praying for you and your surgeon ... lots of power in prayer.

Jim’s surgeon advised him to go with the pig valve vs. the mechanical valve. Didn’t take much to convince him as a friend of his had a mechanical valve and you could literally here it clunk, clunk, clunk. He had to constantly go in for procedures to clean it out. Jim never had any problem with his pig valve.

Keep us informed. As Fuzzy said... there’s lots of power in prayers.

The procedure is called TAVR, which stands for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement. This procedure is much less invasive than open heart surgery.:)

Hopefully, I will get the plan today.

I had the same procedure done 4 weeks ago. took about 4hrs with just one night stay over. My valve was made from a Cow. It's the latest. All done with a Catheter in the groin area. No after affects at all. All new technology.

Best of luck with yours.

I saw 2 heart doctors today & we scheduled the next step. I have to go back in a couple weeks for a procedure called a cardiac catheterization, then if that goes well, we will discuss the valve replacement.:)

Still praying for you brother;)

• Thanks
I saw 2 heart doctors today & we scheduled the next step. I have to go back in a couple weeks for a procedure called a cardiac catheterization, then if that goes well, we will discuss the valve replacement.:)

Well., I'm headed back to the VA Hospital for my procedure tomorrow. I should know more after that.

Well., I'm headed back to the VA Hospital for my procedure tomorrow. I should know more after that.

You have been and still on my prayer list ... Prayers for you, your loved ones and your doctor.

The list is getting so long, I had to make a prayer list program so my feeble old mind doesn't forget anyone.

Again, you are I'm my thoughts and prayers.

• Thanks

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png