Harley Davidson suspends production/delivery of the Livewire

[h=1]Harley-Davidson LiveWire electric motorcycle production stopped over unknown problem[/h]
The company is tight-lipped about what's gone wrong.

October 14, 2019 2:21 PM PDT

Something, somewhere is giving Harley-Davidson engineers and executives a real headache. Production of the motorcycle maker's first electric motorbike the LiveWire, meant to guide the way for the company's future, has come to a halt.
Reuters first reported on the Harley-Davidson LiveWire production stoppage on Monday, citing a "nonstandard condition" in the electric motorcycle and a problem in final quality checks.A statement from a Harley-Davidson spokesperson said that the problem requires more testing and analysis, but the company did not provide specifics around what the "nonstandard condition" might be. For now, production and deliveries have ceased, though the company assured those who've taken delivery of a LiveWire that the motorcycle is A-OK to ride."As usual, we're keeping high quality as our top priority," the spokesperson said.The LiveWire was meant to kick off a new chapter at Harley-Davidson as it looks to

attract a new generation of motorcycle riders as its aging buyers begin to retire from the two-wheeled life. With plenty of tech, 105 horsepower and honest good looks, the LiveWire checks a lot of boxes. In our first ride, after a long time from concept to production, Editor-in-Chief Tim Stevens found the electric Harley was well worth the wait.Despite a push for new rides, Reuters additionally reported that the majority of LiveWire orders are from existing Harley-Davidson owners. At $29,799, the LiveWire is eye-wateringly expensive for a motorcycle.

Harley-Davidson LiveWire electric motorcycle production stopped over unknown problem

The company is tight-lipped about what's gone wrong.

October 14, 2019 2:21 PM PDT

Something, somewhere is giving Harley-Davidson engineers and executives a real headache. Production of the motorcycle maker's first electric motorbike the LiveWire, meant to guide the way for the company's future, has come to a halt.
Reuters first reported on the Harley-Davidson LiveWire production stoppage on Monday, citing a "nonstandard condition" in the electric motorcycle and a problem in final quality checks.A statement from a Harley-Davidson spokesperson said that the problem requires more testing and analysis, but the company did not provide specifics around what the "nonstandard condition" might be. For now, production and deliveries have ceased, though the company assured those who've taken delivery of a LiveWire that the motorcycle is A-OK to ride."As usual, we're keeping high quality as our top priority," the spokesperson said.The LiveWire was meant to kick off a new chapter at Harley-Davidson as it looks to

Interesting ,.....They stopped production.....Stopped deliveries they don't know or won't tell what's the problem is....But be assured if you are one of the lucky ones who took delivery of one....Don't worry they are ''A-OK'' to ride.....:xzqxz:......

Interesting ,.....They stopped production.....Stopped deliveries they don't know or won't tell what's the problem is....But be assured if you are one of the lucky ones who took delivery of one....Don't worry they are ''A-OK'' to ride.....:xzqxz:......

Doesn't really give one a warm fuzzy feeling to any potentially unlucky suckers, er owners of this scoot...

HD stated again today that they are ok to ride, BUT you need to charge them at a HD dealership.:xzqxz::confused:

The group running public relations for HD truly needs to go back to school & this time, take notes!

It's only my opinion but I believe an electric motorcycle is not the way to go, they need to hire this guy he has the right idea. This might be a better seller.:rofl:

attachment.php

I'd like at least a 10 speed gear set.

HD stated again today that they are ok to ride, BUT you need to charge them at a HD dealership.:xzqxz::confused:

The group running public relations for HD truly needs to go back to school & this time, take notes!

So much for being user friendly:p

What does HD have as far as charging station that no one else has?

HMMMMMMMMM

I smell a rat

Reactions: MDO
Saw them at Sturgis, out at the Full Throttle, and was NOT impressed at all. In talking to the engineer about the lack of range, 70 miles, and charging time it would take me over a month to get to Sturgis from Texas. NOT ME!!

And this charging situation is something he wouldn't discuss openly. BUT did ask me how far it was to my local HD dealership. I kinda told a litttle white lie and said about 70 miles. I ask him if I went to the dealership would that automatically put it on the charger so I could get home. And would that cosst HD (hundred dollars) for the charge. Another engineer came over and rescued him.

Take a look at top mangement at HD now.....all x-Ford people. Just saying.

8~\o

Wonder if the MOCO would sell their super 1 hour chargers to buyers of their livewire to get sales going again???:Shrug:

Not many folks will go for a 100 mile charge/ride radius, as that would only cover a 50 mile ride from home base before needing to head home for a recharge.

Kinda does sound like a rush to market, as the range really sux for a $29K price tag...:(

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png