TN trip

Glad you had a good time........... I love rides like that, when you meet up with others far away.........I guess that I like the unexpected the best when I ride..:laugh:

Ronnie

Glad you had a good time........... I love rides like that, when you meet up with others far away.........I guess that I like the unexpected the best when I ride..:laugh:

Ronnie

This bunch are generally older riders. We ride smart . It is a great bunch to ride with.

A couple people took the opportunity to ride in the sidecar . Couple did drive it also. None had even been in one before. It was a great chance to clear up rumors and myths about them.

two of the riders see a sidecar in their future. This video is one that took a spirited ride to see how it really does on curves at speed. He really enjoyed it. This is a short video he shot from his phone. There are 5 or 6 videos in the link provide here.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHQMaen

It may play better if you download it use the down arrow on right side after link opens.

OAKH3954 by bob smith, on Flickr

TN time again

It is that time of year . Trip to TN. This year will have interesting twists. Wife and I are taking Payton with us. Her love of riding can not be matched. So she gets to go. Study the Smokey's in school or go there I say go. We will trailer the Sidecar there with us. Wife will have the Edge if she wants to run around while Payton and I take off. We are trying to talk great grandma into going also. Plan is to stay in Cashiers NC. and ride to the Smoky mountain area. Also ride to some of the great water falls in NC. Due to doctors appointments we had to set it up for mid June. Hoping NC opens thing up by then. They just extended the lock down until June 1st.

It was an great winter full of riding for us. With the tire changes it handles even better in the snow. Finishing the Mods to the trailer worked out well . On and off is easy and it pulls great behind the Edge.

The RGU rig has 40,000 miles on it now. Did some early preventive maintenance. Replaced drive belt,and rear sprocket. They had life left in them but I wanted it done.

Home school due to lock down has been fun. Payton and I added motorcycle riding as a class and ride a little everyday. A lot some days. yesterday was a great ride , took her dog with us.

Lunch was drive trough at McDonald's. The dog ordered chicken nuggets Payton had hamburger.

Blew the transmission out of my 25 year old Fatboy. It is in now getting repaired.

https://flic.kr/p/2iZjzYS

Hope everything clears for your trip. Sorry to hear about that Harley 5 speed. They are usually pretty reliable, What went wrong.

Hope everything clears for your trip. Sorry to hear about that Harley 5 speed. They are usually pretty reliable, What went wrong.

No clear cut reason yet. When I had the sidecar on that one I beat it hard. Was known to fly the car for miles at a time. It is possible starved for lube. When it failed it tore the insides up.

I decided to have them replace everything inside. All Andrews gear set going in. Should have it back soon. Another reason I did not do it myself was the govern shut down HD for retail sales and restricted service. The was a Que for me to send them some work. Amazing Bicycle shops that sell E bike had no restriction on them. But Governor stuck it to HD dealers.

Regardless of the cost there was never any doubt , it would be repaired . To many memories attached to it.

35288515504_7c77792ff9.jpg

40297395891_60afd5ff22.jpg

Thank you. We are looking at other options if NC does not open up. TN is open now.

The old Fatboy is home fully repaired. While it was in I had them replace some maintenance items . Front and rear sprockets belt . They been on the bike 24 years .

Home where it belongs. It tugged Payton's first sidecar for some time.

49901556017_20ff4e6e43.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png