Please pray for Frankie

Praying for a speedy recovery for all. All just in case. I know mine almost put my wife in the hospital as well. It's rough on all.

I just found out that Frankie's passenger was the wife of his best friend who died of cancer 2 years ago Saturday. She asked him to take her for a motorcycle ride like her husband used to do. She has a fractured spine and will be in surgery tomorrow.

Frankie & his lady friend have been and will continue to be in my prayers. I pray her surgery went as well as can be expected.

Lady passenger is at home and doing well.. Doc is supposed to make a decision on the foot today, too soon to tell about the leg. Thanks again. Keep praying it works.

So what happened? Foot and leg repairable? I'm curious because they made me go thru 5 years of hell before they went ahead and replaced my ankle. I wanted them to just cut the darn thing off and still wish they would have. I now think I'll never be out of pain so how bad could just removing have been. I'm mean I see guys getting around much better than I can with no leg from knee down. What level of pain I don't know as I know phantom pain is still there. But they get around much better than I do in most cases. So very curious as to what is going on here.

Update on Frankie

Frankie is in rehab now, and they are still evaluating his leg and foot. From the last pictures he sent it looks like they will save the bulk of his leg and foot, minus a few toes. It looks like it's healing amazingly well. It will be a long time before we know for sure, but so far, so good. Keep Praying It Works! And thanks again to all of you.

So what happened? Foot and leg repairable? I'm curious because they made me go thru 5 years of hell before they went ahead and replaced my ankle. I wanted them to just cut the darn thing off and still wish they would have. I now think I'll never be out of pain so how bad could just removing have been. I'm mean I see guys getting around much better than I can with no leg from knee down. What level of pain I don't know as I know phantom pain is still there. But they get around much better than I do in most cases. So very curious as to what is going on here.

These were my thoughts when I first saw him, that they should just go ahead and take off the leg. But, they seem to know what they are doing, so far.

Frankie's doing well

Frankie is doing well, all of the abrasions finally healed up. He hasn't been even trying to walk, says he is waiting for rehab to start, so his good leg is wasting away. He is still using crutches. Hard headed to the end. He hasn't decided yet if he will ride again.

Thanks for all of your prayers and support.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png