We were robbed at gun-point...

OMG, so glad you and Mary are OK

Sorry to hear the bad news, but glad your both ok.

Sorry to here that!!....but a blessing you both are ok.

Damn, glad you are both ok. Keep us updated. Exactly why I prefer Nova Scotia

WOW! Thank God you both are ok!

Sorry folks , as I won’t leave America!

Good to here you two weren’t harmed.

Thank you!

Yes, we are very thankful that we were not shot. It could have been a much worse outcome.

Yeah, Canada is probably safer. :)

Kevin

Thank you!

Yes, we are very thankful that we were not shot. It could have been a much worse outcome.

Yeah, Canada is probably safer. :)

Kevin

No doubt about that! Your trip to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland attests to that. Much as I have enjoyed a few trips to Mexico over the years there is just no way I'd want to go there now. And it's not just the border towns any more. It seems this sort of lawlessness is rampant everywhere.

Time to look for a new doctor that's not in Mexico?

Glad to see you both are okay...:clapping:

Hopefully you got your CC's cancelled before the nefarious roadside Bandito's got to use them.:(

You just know that some scumbag illegal will probably be using your passports to gain entry into the US.

There must be a way to cancel those as well?

Go grab the popcorn, as this might take a minute...This reminds me of a time long ago when, as a young sailor fresh out of bootcamp, I was stationed in San Diego. My room mate at the time & I were at the beach, and we took off our pants to go swim in the ocean, (in swim trunks we had on underneath!).

We were swimming no more than 30 feet away from the towels and long pants we rolled up in a neat bundle on the beach.

After a few minutes we got out and went back to the clothes and towels. When we got there everything was scattered about which struck us as strange as the wind wasn't blowing, and nobody was anywhere near out stuff, or so we thought.

Well as we dried off and got to dressing we both noticed around the same time, our wallets were gone!

We didn't have much money in them and no credit cards or passports, but it still sucks losing what little $$ we had along with driver license and Gov't. ID card.

When we got back to base we had to check in with security at the main gate and explain what happened.

After 15~20 minutes of them calling around the base to make sure we belonged there, they let us back on base.

We were basically "grounded" for the rest of the weekend with no ID cards. Couldn't go to the base store, club, etc.

Come Monday, we both get called out of class to go see the Master Chief. He was very unhappy we lost our ID cards regardless how it happened, as evidently some unscrupulous sailors were known to sell their ID cards to Mexicans looking to gain entry to the US!

After about half an hour of promising him neither of us would ever nor did we sell our ID's to Mexicans, he gave us the ok to get new ones made.

What a hassle, and to this day, wonder if some Mexican(s) stole our wallets and are running around under our names and SS #'s...

Kevin glad neither of you were hurt. Hopefully the hassle will be minimal to get back here. Get your credit cards cancelled as soon as possible also remember to contact the IRS and the credit burrows and put a hold on your credit. There is a web site for identity theft you can down load a guide as to what to do. The sooner the better.

Good Luck

Thank you! The robbery was over in 2 minutes. The hassle continues today. We got everything cancelled, notified, turned off. Took 5 days to get back into the US. It will be months before we get everything that is replaceable replaced.

Kevin

Sorry to hear this ..Glad your both are alright. Safe travels coming back home.

Thank you!

Oh wow! Glad you weren’t harmed.

When did this happen?...after the Canadian trip? Surely it wasn’t yesterday.

I sure hope you are going to put out another video telling what you had to do to get back across the border and home...you ARE home aren’t you???

Yes, we left for Mexico 2 weeks after we got back from Canada. Yes, it took 5 days to get back into the States..but we are back.

Yes, we have a couple more videos that Dwayne is working on.

Thank you.

As I said before, glad you are both ok.

This thought just popped into my head...which is not always a good thing...:Joker3:

If you come back into the USA as Undocumented, think of all the free stuff you will be getting...........:gah::gah::gah:

Yeah, lol, sad.

Kevin, when you told me about this incident I was dumbfounded. So very glad you and Mary are OK and you were able to come back across the border with minimum hassle. This is scary chit for sure.

Thanks man. Yeah, I guess it could have been a lot worse getting back across the border...but during those 5 days it did not seem like a minimum hassle. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Very glad you both are ok.Sorry it happened.

Thank you!

Sorry this happened, but happy you are back in the USA.

Thank you! Us too...Mary was tempted to kiss the ground when we got back!

Kevin

Glad to hear you are both O.K.!!

Thank you!

WOW! Sorry to hear this and really glad you guys were not hurt!

Yes, could have been a very different outcome.

Glad you guys are okay ... but that's why I'll never go to Mexico ... with my luck, I would have got shot.:AGGHH:

Prayers for you both, I'm assuming you are back in the good old USA as you posted about it.

Thank you. Yep, back in the States. Nope, don't blame you for not wanting to go there.

So very glad you and Mary are OK. :)

Thank you!

This crap happens all the time. At least once a week we see articles in the newspaper like this and normally it doesn't turn out like this. A couple years ago a couple returning to the US in the middle of the night in a Ford F350 pulling an empty 24 foot trailer was robbed and left standing alongside the road with nothing but their clothes. I'm with Fuzzy, that is why I never go across the border.

Yeah, I think we've been down to TJ so much that we got complacent.

Glad you're both okay. Sad to read/see something like this.

It was a good wake up call that could have been worse...and possibly saved us from worse. The next day we were planning to go further south and get out in the "boondocks" and get some good footage. Same situation down there would probably had a Much Worse end result.

Kevin

It was a good wake up call that could have been worse...and possibly saved us from worse. The next day we were planning to go further south and get out in the "boondocks" and get some good footage. Same situation down there would probably had a Much Worse end result. Kevin

No way to tell for sure but, it might not have happened if you weren't out in the open on the trike?:Shrug:

Geez, Kevin and Mary, so glad you're safe. What an ordeal to go through, material stuff is one thing but lives are another, that's another example why we don't go to Mexico anymore. I've been offline for a couple of days and just saw this, wow!

Glad your back and safe ... you may be right about getting out more in the "boon docks". Been lots in the news lately about increased crime in Mexico lately.

Again ... glad you and Mary are safe ... you guys are two of my favorite people ... LOL ... and that is saying something ... :D

Holy Christmas, what a story, this is an awful experience, Mexico has some beautiful scenery, but the Mexicans can have it. That is one dangerous place. If you go there armed for defense, you're screwed, if you don't you're screwed.

No doubt about that! Your trip to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland attests to that. Much as I have enjoyed a few trips to Mexico over the years there is just no way I'd want to go there now. And it's not just the border towns any more. It seems this sort of lawlessness is rampant everywhere.

Yep, not a good state of affairs!

Time to look for a new doctor that's not in Mexico?

Glad to see you both are okay...:clapping:

Hopefully you got your CC's cancelled before the nefarious roadside Bandito's got to use them.:(

You just know that some scumbag illegal will probably be using your passports to gain entry into the US.

There must be a way to cancel those as well?

Go grab the popcorn, as this might take a minute...This reminds me of a time long ago when, as a young sailor fresh out of bootcamp, I was stationed in San Diego. My room mate at the time & I were at the beach, and we took off our pants to go swim in the ocean, (in swim trunks we had on underneath!).

We were swimming no more than 30 feet away from the towels and long pants we rolled up in a neat bundle on the beach.

After a few minutes we got out and went back to the clothes and towels. When we got there everything was scattered about which struck us as strange as the wind wasn't blowing, and nobody was anywhere near out stuff, or so we thought.

Well as we dried off and got to dressing we both noticed around the same time, our wallets were gone!

We didn't have much money in them and no credit cards or passports, but it still sucks losing what little $$ we had along with driver license and Gov't. ID card.

When we got back to base we had to check in with security at the main gate and explain what happened.

After 15~20 minutes of them calling around the base to make sure we belonged there, they let us back on base.

We were basically "grounded" for the rest of the weekend with no ID cards. Couldn't go to the base store, club, etc.

Come Monday, we both get called out of class to go see the Master Chief. He was very unhappy we lost our ID cards regardless how it happened, as evidently some unscrupulous sailors were known to sell their ID cards to Mexicans looking to gain entry to the US!

After about half an hour of promising him neither of us would ever nor did we sell our ID's to Mexicans, he gave us the ok to get new ones made.

What a hassle, and to this day, wonder if some Mexican(s) stole our wallets and are running around under our names and SS #'s...

Yes, very happy we were not shot during the robbery...getting all the ID replaced is going to take a lot of effort and time!

I'm surprised that they choose you to rob...... cause your a "big" guy..... usually they pick on the little'est person..... :mad:

Ronnie

Not that big. 5' 11", but a firearm is a pretty significant equalizer!

No way to tell for sure but, it might not have happened if you weren't out in the open on the trike?:Shrug:

Yep, if we had not stopped where there were no other folks, don't think we would have had any problem. Stupid on my part.

Geez, Kevin and Mary, so glad you're safe. What an ordeal to go through, material stuff is one thing but lives are another, that's another example why we don't go to Mexico anymore. I've been offline for a couple of days and just saw this, wow!

Thank you!

Kevin

Glad your back and safe ... you may be right about getting out more in the "boon docks". Been lots in the news lately about increased crime in Mexico lately.

Again ... glad you and Mary are safe ... you guys are two of my favorite people ... LOL ... and that is saying something ... :D

Thanks man. Yes, I think it was the lesser of 2 evils. With us planning to go into more outlying areas and stop and get footage...could have been much worse!

The day after crossing out of Mexico Kevin and Mary made it here, and I must say that they held it together better than I think I would have. It's very fortunate things turned out as well as they did.

Kurt

Thanks man!

Kurt and Sally were real lifesavers. Helped us get back on an even keel, great company, and great riding!

Holy Christmas, what a story, this is an awful experience, Mexico has some beautiful scenery, but the Mexicans can have it. That is one dangerous place. If you go there armed for defense, you're screwed, if you don't you're screwed.

Yep, I was not situation-ally aware. I knew better.

We have so many Mexicans around here, if went to Mexico I'd think I was home.:laugh:

I hear ya! We've had a large influx of hard working, American Dream pursuing, Legal Mexicans move into the south in the last few years.

Kevin

Your story kinda reminds me of a book I read about Glen Heggstad, To Hell and Back. But your's has a mutch better ending. Glen's had a good ending but after so many months it didn't appear it would.

Good read for anybody who get's a hair to travel down thru Mexico and South America.

8~\o

You and Mary's adventures are ones we love to follow and can not wait for the next one to post. We all are so grateful that you both suffered no physical harm because this could have very easily had a very different outcome. Glad you are home and safe. It is a pain in the ass to replace all the material things that were taken but you both are blessed to be able to do so.

Been thinking about why you were targeted.

1) American

2) Long Hair and Beard (LOL ... dope maybe)

3) Shinny new Red trike ... red vehicles always denote the trouble makers

4) Did I mention American????

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png