Correct Air Pressure

OK, I am in the ball park. I ran 28 lbs for 13,000 miles but after removing wheels for maintenance, noticed tires wearing in the middle of tread. That was the reason for my asking. I also run 40 lbs in the front 21X3.5 Avon tire and get good turning ease and good wear.

Thanks for response.

Here's a little write up I did to help determine the right pressure for you:
Water down a flat paved area(driveway).
Pump the rears up to about 35psi.
Start riding the bike forward/reverse over the wet paved area letting small amounts of air out until you see a full tread width flat tire track left in the wet pavement.
Check the tire pressure in each rear tire.
Repeat this process w/the various way your trike will be loaded and record the pressures for future reference.
That's how I arrived @ 20psi left and 22 right for my normal settings.

I like that method. I always just have to guess when I am getting ready to pull trailer. Now I have a scientific method to inflate tires correctly

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png