2019 Veterans Day Salute

MDO

Reaction score
On Veteran's Day 2019, let's please remember that the freedoms we have here in our great country were never free, but payed for by all who served & those still serving.

It takes a special person to make this sacrifice & less than 1% of our citizens do.

Thank you to all who have made this tough decision to serve.

Hey All, It's another GREAT day in America and wishing all the vets who served and are serving this GREAT NATION.

Being a Nam vet I'm so glad our brave men and women don't and didn't have to through the things we did when we returned from Nam.

God Bless all and have a great veterans day. Hhardrock.

I, peteg59, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice, So Help Me God."

I took this oath on March 31st 1978

It does not have an expiration date.

For all my military and veteran friends, may I request you copy and paste this as your status. Except use your name instead of mine and the first year you took the oath.

HAPPY VETERANS DAY TO ALL MY MILITARY FRIENDS AND FAMILY.

THANKS FOR PAVING THE WAY.:clapping:

I, peteg59, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice, So Help Me God."

I took this oath on March 31st 1978

It does not have an expiration date.

For all my military and veteran friends, may I request you copy and paste this as your status. Except use your name instead of mine and the first year you took the oath.

THANKS FOR PAVING THE WAY.:clapping:

I Took my Oath on May 1,1978

yep say it again

Being a Nam vet I'm so glad our brave men and women don't and didn't have to through the things we did when we returned from Nam.

amen brother , coming back from the beautiful southeast asia in august of 73. oh what a joy.. loved landing in Calif. got spit on by ass holes in cal then military hop toacross the us. bet we got asked atleast a half a dozen times why we lost it. Then first and only time I went to the VFW got to listen to the old guys complaining about how we lost the war.. :gah:

I took the oath in March, 1970, at the age of 17. Turned 19 in the Nam. Today I reflect on all my friends, cousins, and my BILs. Even though some didn't make that flight home, most did. Now, because of Agent Orange I have one friend and one cousin left who served.

It took our country about 40 years to start recognizing our sacrifices and suffering. I don't care. I am proud that I did what I did and I am even more proud of my brothers who were beside me.

I am going to attend a Veteran's Day ceremony at my Grandaughters elementary school at 7:30 am.

I hope they have coffee.:Coffee:

I could not believe there was over 100 Veterans at the elementary school this morning at 7:30am & the kids sung 3 songs after we all did the pledge of allegiance. Very cool & they had great coffee!

To all the brave that serve and have served this country, God Bless you.

size0.jpg

We generally find ourselves in the Baldwin County area of Alabama for Veterans day each year. This whole gulf coast area of Alabama/Florida is very patrotic.

At Applebees the waitress gave me a free beer with a different type of coaster. I turned the coaster over and there was a handwritten message from a young lady named Brie. She was thanking Vets for their service.

I asked the waitress about the free beer and coaster. She said prior to yesterday and restaurant sold coasters to customers for $2.00 so that they could be passed out to Veterans. The reverse of the coaster read "Buy A Vet A Bud Light" (Folds Of Honor organization).

We generally find ourselves in the Baldwin County area of Alabama for Veterans day each year. This whole gulf coast area of Alabama/Florida is very patrotic.

At Applebees the waitress gave me a free beer with a different type of coaster. I turned the coaster over and there was a handwritten message from a young lady named Brie. She was thanking Vets for their service.

I asked the waitress about the free beer and coaster. She said prior to yesterday and restaurant sold coasters to customers for $2.00 so that they could be passed out to Veterans. The reverse of the coaster read "Buy A Vet A Bud Light" (Folds Of Honor organization).

Very cool! They do that in St. Louis also. I have been going to the same Applebees for 6 years & always enjoy their Veterans day meal. Around noon, there was 20 Vets in there enjoying the hospitality. This year, I left my beer for the next guy. Before lunch, I always stop at Hair Saloon for Men for a nice cup of coffee & cut.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png