trike leaning

Sep 15, 2008
Hello,1989Wing with motortrike kit leaning to right, going down road, equal air both sides, shocks same, tires same, seams leaning just a tad to me,stears normal, friends say its the road, which makes it look leaning, ladder bar adj. equal, could adj. be off??. Conferted in 2001 ,bought used in 2003,might have been always like this. Wifes trike, i always lead on rides, but this time she lead, could be me or roads. Thanks Wilbur

Put it on a flat driveway or pad and check it. If not normal then do not ride anymore till checked. It could be something on the main structure that is failing. The bottom measurements can read fine but the top half of the structure could still be failing. (Or the attachment point) Please have checked as we do not want to lose any members on the forum.
It could be that it is normal and you just noticed it?
kodiak
Beaufort Motorsports,LLC:confused:

Ours was doing the same, leaving especially going around curves, but squatting somewhat. Ours is an older bike and it had air shocks rather than air bags because that's what they did at that time. Fluid was on the bottom of the bike when Steve started checking it, so we took it in to have new shocks put on. The factory at Troup updated the shocks, plus put on air bags so that was great. But the really scarey thing was that when they got it up on the rack, on the rearend, the bracket on the right side was broken and the one on the left was cracket. We had hit a really bad cattle guard and thought it bottomed out, but feel like it might have been at least cracked for quite a while. The ride is completely different now that all that was done. It doesn't lean at all now. Yours is probably not a serious thing like ours was, but they told us it shouldn't lean.

Thanks all,bike not leaning, it was the road, took another trike same road etc, same on that trike, checked both all the way around, at least i now know all roads are not the same. w

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SickTrike

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SickTrike
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png