portable generator?

DblTrbl

Oct 19, 2014
Rochester, NH, USA
I'm one month away from hitting the road with my toy hauler. I'm looking for suggestions, input, pros and cons of different types of portable generators to keep in my hauler and could be used on stops where no hookups are available.

One generator I have been looking at is the Honda EU2000i. I have also been toying with the idea of a dual fuel generator which would eliminate the need to carry cans of gasoline.

Any input would be appreciated.

Looking forward to heading to Kerrville not later than one month from today:clapping::clapping::clapping:

I'm one month away from hitting the road with my toy hauler. I'm looking for suggestions, input, pros and cons of different types of portable generators to keep in my hauler and could be used on stops where no hookups are available.

One generator I have been looking at is the Honda EU2000i. I have also been toying with the idea of a dual fuel generator which would eliminate the need to carry cans of gasoline.

Any input would be appreciated.

Looking forward to heading to Kerrville not later than one month from today:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Thought you were stopping in Oklahoma for a while. Hope you have good travelling weather...at least you can pull over and wait it out somewhere if need be. Keep us informed!

Hope these guys chime in pretty quick with suggestions. The generators we had in the 2 motorhomes were ONAN - fueled by the gas tank on the motorhome. Never had any problems with either of them. Honda came out with the Quiet generator just after we bought the 2nd motorhome...I had always thought having a more quiet generator would have been a good deal for keeping the neighbors from complaining about it if we weren’t plugged into electric. But they were REAL pricey at the time. Inside the motorhome you couldn’t really hear the generator running but outside, standing fairly close to it, you could.

What Benefit

That's the dual fuel generator I have been looking at. I may go with it. Probably make my decision this week. I'm going to pick up an extra 30lbs propane tank regardless of which generator I get.

I am not sure what the benefit is of a dual fuel generator. I have the 3100 watt Champion gasoline generator with remote and it is very miserly on gas and it holds enough for 8+ hours at 1/2 load. mine has worked flawlessly and it is much less expensive. One five gallon can of gas would be much easier to deal with and refill in comparison with a 30# propane bottle and the fuel consumption for propane is much higher than gasoline.

Kurt

I went propane years ago and very glad I did. That thing has sat year after year and it started first crank and ran for three hours without one problem. Diesel would be my next choice. But regular gasoline...no way. Not ever again will I have one of them. Not sure but I think most RV's use propane as well for that very reason, none fouling.:clapping::clapping::clapping:

I use a Honda 2000 and I like it. Much better than a much cheaper brand I first got trying to save some money. It was way too loud and just didn’t start reliably. If you have an ever with any size I would look at a larger size than a 2000. I think if you get a quiet generator than you are going to get a lot of the “niceties” since you have to pay for the qualities in that generator if that makes since.

I wish you good luck with your choice and a lot of happy and carefree miles with your rig. Throw an extra log on the fire for me, I am a wee bit jealous.

All great input and feedback. tough decision. want to get the best bang for the buck.

I have a Honda 6500 generator but it's much to big to be traveling with. Going to take a look at a few different generators at a local shop. Not hitting the road until around December 21st so have some time to think on it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png