"93,GL-1500, roadsmith kit, trying to split the front and rear brakes

eagle1

May 8, 2011
peru,in,usa
"93,GL-1500, roadsmith kit, trying to split the front and rear brakes

anyone done this? i've got 4 good brakes(nit like the triglide with shitty rear brakes) just sayin, but i like to have the front end squat when i grab the front brake lever, and pull it hard.that gives me time to bend my right leg and get on the rear brake pedal.

anyone done this? i've got 4 good brakes(nit like the triglide with shitty rear brakes) just sayin, but i like to have the front end squat when i grab the front brake lever, and pull it hard.that gives me time to bend my right leg and get on the rear brake pedal.

Hi Eagle1 - if you could, please call 800-331-0705 and ask for Mark Wenzel. He can help with tech questions on the GL1500 trike conversion.

Jim

I bought a used 2008 GL1800 with a 2014 R/S kit. The first time I had to hit the rear brakes hard I was shocked at how bad they were comparing this to my Lehman trike that had brake shoes that worked great. So I dug in to see what was going on. Replaced the fluid with extensive bleeding. Still no change, but while I had the trike lifted I noticed brake lines that were plugged. This being my first wing I did not realize the front and rear brakes were tied together on the OEM bike.

I called R/S to find out that in 2014 they did not offer a kit to tie the brakes together, they do now. I had my local R/S dealer order and install the kit. Now this trike has real good braking. I did learn, that while going thru this that the front brake calipers are still split having separate brake pistons for just using the front brake lever. Using the rear brake pedal actuates both front and rear.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png