New rake kit on my Valkyrie Trike (pictures added)

Warlock

Sep 3, 2012
Magnolia, Ms USA
Finally got my rake kit in and installed. Had machine shop out of Illinois build it. They have been in business for 25 year. Real nice to deal with. They suggested a 5 degree for my set up with no fork extenders. I have just rebuilt both of mine and installed the springs for a 1800 Goldwing which raised the travel to around 1 to 1 1/4 from stock height. With the new rake I sat level with no drop in the front end. Took it far a short ride and can really tell the difference. Wanted to ride more but rain and wet roads. Seems to ride better also. Will have to give it a big ThumbUp.

David (Warlock)rake1.jpgrake2.jpg

Finally got my rake kit in and installed. Had machine shop out of Illinois build it. They have been in business for 25 year. Real nice to deal with. They suggested a 5 degree for my set up with no fork extenders. I have just rebuilt both of mine and installed the springs for a 1800 Goldwing which raised the travel to around 1 to 1 1/4 from stock height. With the new rake I sat level with no drop in the front end. Took it far a short ride and can really tell the difference. Wanted to ride more but rain and wet roads. Seems to ride better also. Will have to give it a big ThumbUp.

David (Warlock)

David, does this Rake Kit Manufacture have a website? Look forward to your reply. :)

Bob aka Gideon

100_0556.jpg

WOW ... the pics are dramatic ... gives it more of that 70's "stretched" look ... nice. I'm sure the riding will be improved as well, I've ridden trikes with and without rake kits and the raked are far less tiring over long distance. I actually preferred the unraked Tri in the corners, but, that may be because I'm a control freak and want to "feel the burn" ... :AGGHH:

They must have pulled my post. Didn't want to step on toes. No big deal. It's a free board and they have the right to pull as they please. PM me and I can give you my e mail address.

David

I didn't mean to upset anyone. My thought was that I would have the manufacturer do the install and Illinois is closer to Indiana than Texas.

Hope everyone had a Blessed Thanksgiving Holiday.

Thankyou David

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png