QVC Deal

Dec 30, 2014
Grand Junction, Co. USA
Okay ... at the risk of loosing what's left of my man card ... :Shrug: ... I was watching QVC yesterday and there was an item that I had purchased for mom about a year ago ... she's had to use it twice (her car is older and she won't let me put a new battery in it), the Halo Bolt.

Charger.jpg

The reason I picked this particular unit up for mom, is because if you hook it up black to positive or any other incorrect way, it doesn't short anything out. Some kind of electrical magic. Now, I will disclose, both times her battery was dead she was home (usually happens when she doesn't' drive it for a week or so). Once, she had to call me to tell her how to use it, I was at the VA doing therapy. And once I was in Mesquite, Nv and she called. Both times I talked her through and she was back on the road. There are printed instructions on the back of the case. It's a three step process. 1) Hook up leads, red to positive, black to negative. 2) Push button, wait until green light remains on solid. 3) Start car.

Once again I digress. So, Dave was hawking these "new and Improved ones". Basically the new features are a 110v AC outlet, and wireless Qi charging which will charge my phone without a cable. I believe it store more electrons too. Also they had a new color called gold marble. Kind of matches my computer case ... :D.

So there I was watching Dave sell these things and a whole bunch of new uses came to mind. When I go on a trip, and sleep in the car, if it's hot, I can run a small fan on it (110 V AC), charge my phone, maybe even run my CPAP all night (doubt it, but maybe). My Jeep has a built in converter, so I could charge it as I drive down the road ... :D. Or even use the included 12v charger. Not to mention, my 5 year old Jeep is supposed to have a new battery, but, since it's a pain to get to (under the passenger seat), I haven't verified that, I could jump it if and when it becomes an issue.

So this was the deal. Free shipping, Free 12 volt car charger, 6 easy pay of $16.66 or $99.96. I opted to use their money free for 6 months and I ordered it in the gold marble ... :D ... what freaked me out, they sold close to 100,000 of these yesterday ... makes ya wonder if they only sell them on Black Friday weekend??? That's like close to $10 mil in a day .... whew ... that's some hawking.

I have the little version retailed by Harley that I won in a drawing. I had to use it awhile back for my Toyota truck, one moment it was fine, next it wouldn't hold a charge. The little thing started my 4.0L Toyota just fine. This one is much bigger, but, there is a nook where the spare lives in my Jeep that it will fit in nicely, actually there are a few of them :D.

Spare.jpg

Okay ... at the risk of loosing what's left of my man card ... :Shrug: ... I was watching QVC yesterday and there was an item that I had purchased for mom about a year ago ... she's had to use it twice (her car is older and she won't let me put a new battery in it), the Halo Bolt.

View attachment 79536

The reason I picked this particular unit up for mom, is because if you hook it up black to positive or any other incorrect way, it doesn't short anything out. Some kind of electrical magic. Now, I will disclose, both times her battery was dead she was home (usually happens when she doesn't' drive it for a week or so). Once, she had to call me to tell her how to use it, I was at the VA doing therapy. And once I was in Mesquite, Nv and she called. Both times I talked her through and she was back on the road. There are printed instructions on the back of the case. It's a three step process. 1) Hook up leads, red to positive, black to negative. 2) Push button, wait until green light remains on solid. 3) Start car.

Once again I digress. So, Dave was hawking these "new and Improved ones". Basically the new features are a 110v AC outlet, and wireless Qi charging which will charge my phone without a cable. I believe it store more electrons too. Also they had a new color called gold marble. Kind of matches my computer case ... :D.

So there I was watching Dave sell these things and a whole bunch of new uses came to mind. When I go on a trip, and sleep in the car, if it's hot, I can run a small fan on it (110 V AC), charge my phone, maybe even run my CPAP all night (doubt it, but maybe). My Jeep has a built in converter, so I could charge it as I drive down the road ... :D. Or even use the included 12v charger. Not to mention, my 5 year old Jeep is supposed to have a new battery, but, since it's a pain to get to (under the passenger seat), I haven't verified that, I could jump it if and when it becomes an issue.

So this was the deal. Free shipping, Free 12 volt car charger, 6 easy pay of $16.66 or $99.96. I opted to use their money free for 6 months and I ordered it in the gold marble ... :D ... what freaked me out, they sold close to 100,000 of these yesterday ... makes ya wonder if they only sell them on Black Friday weekend??? That's like close to $10 mil in a day .... whew ... that's some hawking.

I have the little version retailed by Harley that I won in a drawing. I had to use it awhile back for my Toyota truck, one moment it was fine, next it wouldn't hold a charge. The little thing started my 4.0L Toyota just fine. This one is much bigger, but, there is a nook where the spare lives in my Jeep that it will fit in nicely, actually there are a few of them :D.

View attachment 79537

We have one similar [SUAOKI]..Does everything but make coffee.. Comes in a hard case have it for over a year now, Never had to use it....We bought her car [SUV] New in 2002, and after the 3 battery's..... She seen it on Amazon and thought it would/might come in handy when the next battery 86's.....Cheep insurance.....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png