Another headlight question

AR198

May 27, 2019
England
Hi all

Does anyone know where I would find the Delphi 4 connection for a new headlight please.

Ive got a uk version free so it came with two 5 1/2 inch lights and I’m adding a 7 inch.

Thanks guys

Hi all

Does anyone know where I would find the Delphi 4 connection for a new headlight please.

Ive got a uk version free so it came with two 5 1/2 inch lights and I’m adding a 7 inch.

Thanks guys

Hi, did you find any info on this? the 2020 FreeWheeler also came only with the 5 1/2 inch lights.

Regards.

Sadly to convert from 5 1/2" or ad the to 7" headlamp, it does not appear that there is a plug and play harness. I have looked over the wiring diagrams for various configurations for Eng, UK, Japan & Domestic and the headlamp connectors and Main wiring harnesses are different. The only one that would be close is the Japan version, but Harley is not providing a part number for the headlamp harness, just the breakdown of it, it is sold with the Shell assembly. If you were to get that harness you would be able to plug in to your right or left side existing headlamp plug, but would still need to make up a Y connector to keep that light active as well. I believe it is something your going to have to source out the various connectors and fabricate one.

Converting to the 7" and then making the 5 1/2" passing lamps might be an option but not sure how legal you would be, as well it would require making up wiring harness as weel.

https://partsfinder.onlinemicrofich...SIGNALS AND HEADLAMPS - FRONT - HDI - ENGLAND

https://partsfinder.onlinemicrofich...C) TURN SIGNALS AND HEADLAMPS - FRONT - JAPAN

View the electrical connections used on your model vs Japan model, as well you can select the other destinations from the list on the right..

I believe it is something your going to have to source out the various connectors and fabricate one.

Thanks for the info, my Dealer does have the wire harness, but it is not plug and ply, you would have to splice the cables or find the conectors.

When i asked my dealership about this they quoted me more than a 1000€ for the complete setup.

I search a bit more to see what i can find.

Regards.

Thanks for the info, my Dealer does have the wire harness, but it is not plug and ply, you would have to splice the cables or find the conectors.

When i asked my dealership about this they quoted me more than a 1000€ for the complete setup.

I search a bit more to see what i can find.

Regards.

That's a lot of coin that the dealership is asking to make it work. and for them to tell you they have the harness but it requires splicing and or different connectors ....... they really don't have the harness. I am certain I could make it work for much much much less then 1000 euro, less than 100 I am sure. sadly you are there and I am in the US

Hi

sorry for such a late reply. I didn’t ever find the connections. I don’t think the euro versions have them.

we fitted an independent system to get one working. It looks great now.

Hi, did you find any info on this? the 2020 FreeWheeler also came only with the 5 1/2 inch lights.

Regards.

Sorry

just to add, I did it for less than £100 minus the light. Amazon is a great place for cables and breakers. I fitted an independent switch, so it doesn’t come on with the 5 1/2 inch lights so I can pick and choose when to have it on.

QUOTE=AR198;769964]Hi

sorry for such a late reply. I didn’t ever find the connections. I don’t think the euro versions have them.

we fitted an independent system to get one working. It looks great now.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png