Cold weather riding

Actually ' Yes........Then i could play outside with the Grandkids.....Rain makes being outside missable......And stuck inside :jumpy::biglol::jumpy:........

I hope your grand kids help you shovel when you get snow;)

Us in our Golden years are supposed to take it easy

Actually ' Yes........Then i could play outside with the Grandkids.....Rain makes being outside missable......And stuck inside :jumpy::biglol::jumpy:........

I agree 100%

If it's going to be cold - I want snow (preferably 8" or more) - it makes winter tolerable - - except the roads. :)

There was a dusting of snow this morning and the whole world looked brighter and more cheerful. :) :)

I finally broke down and bought insulated bib overalls along with insulated gloves. My 40+ yr old Army dress gloves finally gave out. Nice to be able to get out and go when it's in the thirties. I prefer cooler weather over hot weather. Over 85 degrees and I'm in the car enjoying the A/C

cold or wet, but not both

Here's how it works here in Eastern Idaho. I can ride all the way up to the day the snow falls. Yes, it's chilly before that, but tolerable. Then, like magic, the snow comes all at once. Once the snow hits the ground I have to stop riding. During the first few weeks of snowfall I might get out for a short ride cuz the snow doesn't stay for more than a day or so, then we get a quick, sunny and warm day. Then the snow comes and just doesn't go away again. I've always said that I can ride when I'm wet, or I can ride when I'm cold, but I can't ride when I'm cold AND wet.:captain:

./

Makes two of us. Mine went to bed late Oct, will stay there until mid May.

75 yrs old, don't have to prove anything to anybody.

WOW! Storing a bike away for 7 months every year. Why even have a bike? I guess it's the same with boat owners. I couldn't justify that kind of madness.

I do have to prove it to the snowflake millennials that a 76 year old can still ride. :D - - - but you're right - I don't

really have to prove it to anyone - as long as I'm having the time of my life doing so.

Unfortunately I won't be riding this winter. First time in many many years - having a hip replacement next month - hopefully I'll be ready to ride by April. Hopefully I'll still get my "Freeze Your Ass Off" ride in on Jan. 1st.

My dream is to hit the road and follow the sun until they find my bleached bones still straddling the Tri Glide. I would like to sell everything and just ride when I want or lay up in a Motel 6... but then, there's real life.:blush:

You can do it David. We sold the house and almost everything in it. Starting our 3rd year traveling in the RV. Except for some chilly riding during October in the Smokeys, we follow the sun and warm weather all year.

It is the best of both worlds. You always have your house with you and you can always ride in different warm areas.

You can do it David. We sold the house and almost everything in it. Starting our 3rd year traveling in the RV. Except for some chilly riding during October in the Smokeys, we follow the sun and warm weather all year.

It is the best of both worlds. You always have your house with you and you can always ride in different warm areas.

YOU LUCKY BASTARD!!!! That sounds like heaven, but I bet there are some drawbacks - right. Please say yes :D :D :D

I always wanted to be like Bronson from the TV show.

Unfortunately I won't be riding this winter. First time in many many years - having a hip replacement next month - hopefully I'll be ready to ride by April. Hopefully I'll still get my "Freeze Your Ass Off" ride in on Jan. 1st.

Gary, may your hip replacement be successful and your New Years Day ride not too dreadful. ;)

That would be nice but you have the expense of a RV toyhauler plus you have to have truck that can pull it and then where ever you are you have parking fee's in a campground or at least most campgrounds, so there is some expense to this lifestyle I guess. I guess you have to figure out on paper which is the best move. As one person said be a Bronson from the tv show, he traveled on a bike, no RV or anything, that is the cheap way to go, camp out where ever that is free, to me that would get old real quick.

I have to admit ISP-FL I admire you for doing this, most people can't do and just dream about it sort of like me:D:D:D:D:D

Rode in to work yesterday in 54 degree temps. WOW, much nicer than the 20's-40's we've been having!

Looks like it will be about the same today....but with a high of 67 degrees. WhooHoo! :)

Kevin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png