• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

New Year, New Knee

ultrafxr

1250+ Posts
Reaction score
I'm a pretty close mouthed kind of guy who keeps his personal life . . . well personal. But I've come to know many of you great folks over the past couple years either on the forum or in person a the Texas gathering so here goes! Next Tuesday, January 7th, I'm having a total knee replacement TKR on my right knee. I had a TKR on my left knee just three months ago on October 8th and have had an extraodinarily successful recovery for which I am most thankful.

As my mom would say my knees have not caused me excruciating pain but they have caused discomfort and limited mobility. I'm grateful that my orthopedic surgeon's philosophy is 'if it interferes with your lifestyle let's fix it' and that's exactly what I'm doing.

So I won't be riding my beautiful new 2020 Tahitian Teal TG Ultra for a couple months but it will be in the garage to inspire me . . . and I can go out and rub on the chrome, lol.

So stay safe my friends and I'll be back in the wind before you know it.

I'm a pretty close mouthed kind of guy who keeps his personal life . . . well personal. But I've come to know many of you great folks over the past couple years either on the forum or in person a the Texas gathering so here goes! Next Tuesday, January 7th, I'm having a total knee replacement TKR on my right knee. I had a TKR on my left knee just three months ago on October 8th and have had an extraodinarily successful recovery for which I am most thankful.

As my mom would say my knees have not caused me excruciating pain but they have caused discomfort and limited mobility. I'm grateful that my orthopedic surgeon's philosophy is 'if it interferes with your lifestyle let's fix it' and that's exactly what I'm doing.

So I won't be riding my beautiful new 2020 Tahitian Teal TG Ultra for a couple months but it will be in the garage to inspire me . . . and I can go out and rub on the chrome, lol.

.......ThumbUp........

Good luck and speedy recovery.

My 2 knees will need replacing as I have been putting this off due to other problems.

Wishing you as much success as with the other knee... and just think.!!...doing it this early in the year sets you up for a great upcoming riding season!

I had my left knee replaced in July of 2014 and the right replaced in February of 2015. I'm extremely happy with the outcome. Good luck with your recovery.

Jerry, good luck on your surgery, I happen to sell Stryker total joints for a living, not sure what your dr uses, but all the major brands are good, especially if your dr is comfortable with it. since you have been through it before this one should be a piece of cake. Let me know if I can help you out in any way.

Lets have a quick recovery.

Good luck with the procedure Jerry.ThumbUp

Enjoy your recovery time while detailing your beautiful trike.

Please think about adding a gasoline stabilizer to your fuel tank prior to your procedure.

Thanks for sharing your issue and please keep us posted on your progress.:D

Glad to hear of you had a good out come on your knee replacement,im going in on Monday Jan 6 for a total knee replacement.Wish you a fast recovery.

My DW had both of hers done a few years ago. She did exactly what they told her to do for follow up therapy and everything worked out great!

Good luck to both of you. Hope you time out of the saddle goes quickly!

Jerry, good luck with your surgery. Hope it goes as well as the other knee! You will be in our prayers.

Good luck on your second one, at least you know what to do and expect now, take it easy, if you want somebody to put some miles on your new triglide I'm willing to fly down and do it, LOL, just kidding. Do as the doctor says and with your first one done at least you know what to do and not do.

All for now Trampas

Good luck with your TKR, you should be good to go in the spring. Had both of mine done last year, the second one was much easier than the first.

Jerry, good luck on your surgery, I happen to sell Stryker total joints for a living, not sure what your dr uses, but all the major brands are good, especially if your dr is comfortable with it. since you have been through it before this one should be a piece of cake. Let me know if I can help you out in any way.

Hi Steve. Pretty sure he uses Smith and Nephew. They have facilities here in the Memphis area. I like my doc and have been seeing him for knee problems for over twenty years. At that time he was heavily into sports medicine and as a runner back then (nothing elaborate but regular for exercise) I sought him out. Been through all the various remedies - steriod injections, Synvisc injections and in 2005 had both knees scoped and that held me until now.

Both knee joints are total bone on bone - not much if any meniscus left . . . and that has caused my knee alighment to shift and made me noticeably knock kneed. Most people align the other way and become bow legged. Guess I'm lucky, lol.

Anyway my doc does five or six TKRs each and every Tuesday and has been doing so for many years. With that much practice I think he's got it all figured out - hope so anyway. ;) Just kidding he did both my DW's knees - 2014 and 2017 I think it was and she's doing great. He did my left TKR three months ago and I didn't have any problem at all. I'm a stickler for doing the PT and worked out at home and at the gym in between official PT sessions and I know that made a big difference in the speed of my recovery. So I've got to psych myself up to do the same for this right knee. Shouldn't be a problem.

Jerry I have to think all will work well, we know ( Cream always comes to the top)

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png