• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Newbie here looking at a 2020 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited

From what I have been reading the 2020 models seems to be a hit :clapping:. I did hear some rumblings about some holes not lining up coming from the factory to the dealer.. The dealer is not able to line up some holes. Thing it was the rear fender. But sounded minor at this point and time.

Test Rode a 2020 RT Limited

I have tested the Can-Am RTs before and didn't care for them, but I test rode a 2020 last week and was super impressed. I used to have a HD Ultra with a Motor trike kit and after 40,000 miles traded it in on a 2011 Tri-Glide which I put about 40,000 miles on then after recovering from my cancer surgery and then a heart surgery went back to 2 wheels. And now at 76 years my legs and confidence are not what they used to be so I've been looking at trikes again. I've test rode a Tri-Glide, Freewheeler and a 2018 Gold Wing with a CSC kit those style trikes I'm used to and all rode really nice, The Honda trike was priced out of my league at 45000.00. Then the multi brand dealer closest to me 40 minutes away got in a blue 2020 RT which he said I could test ride. I'm now about 6'2" and weigh around 270 give or take and the 2020RT fit me very good felt more comfortable than the older models and wasn't as twitchy on the highway and it comes with everything heated seats and handle bar grips with everything in between, it was more comfortable ride with a more comfortable seat. I'm going back to test ride it again to see if I like it better than the Harley Trikes. The Harleys were 2020 also. The RT didn't feel as torquey as the Harley but I thought gave a slightly smoother ride but I don't know if I can adjust to the 2 wheels in front and going to a non conventional trike. The 8 guys I ride with all 70 or older have mostly gone to trikes either Harley or Honda, there are only 3 of us still on 2 wheels and one of those is going to add a sidecar rig to his Harley.

I have tested the Can-Am RTs before and didn't care for them, but I test rode a 2020 last week and was super impressed. I used to have a HD Ultra with a Motor trike kit and after 40,000 miles traded it in on a 2011 Tri-Glide which I put about 40,000 miles on then after recovering from my cancer surgery and then a heart surgery went back to 2 wheels. And now at 76 years my legs and confidence are not what they used to be so I've been looking at trikes again. I've test rode a Tri-Glide, Freewheeler and a 2018 Gold Wing with a CSC kit those style trikes I'm used to and all rode really nice, The Honda trike was priced out of my league at 45000.00. Then the multi brand dealer closest to me 40 minutes away got in a blue 2020 RT which he said I could test ride. I'm now about 6'2" and weigh around 270 give or take and the 2020RT fit me very good felt more comfortable than the older models and wasn't as twitchy on the highway and it comes with everything heated seats and handle bar grips with everything in between, it was more comfortable ride with a more comfortable seat. I'm going back to test ride it again to see if I like it better than the Harley Trikes. The Harleys were 2020 also. The RT didn't feel as torquey as the Harley but I thought gave a slightly smoother ride but I don't know if I can adjust to the 2 wheels in front and going to a non conventional trike. The 8 guys I ride with all 70 or older have mostly gone to trikes either Harley or Honda, there are only 3 of us still on 2 wheels and one of those is going to add a sidecar rig to his Harley.

I really got spoiled with the semi automatic transmission and the power steering.:D Mine is a 14 but sure the 20 models are even nicer.

I've been riding for 50 yrs and I have had two trikes, a 2006 1900cc v-twin converted conventional trike that I put 30K miles on, and now a 2017 F3-Limited that I have put 30K miles on. My comparison is simple, the 2006 conventional trike was my Cadillac Eldorado, and my 2017 CanAm F3 is now my Corvette..........that's the way it is for me. I "rode" the 2006, but I "drive" the 2017! And I do love the semi-automatic!

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png