Yes, I know some folks are riding depending on your State but here is a reminder

Jan 2, 2020
Tacoma,WA,USA
Yes, I know some folks are riding depending on your State but here is a reminder

Yep, I wish I could ride in the snow even though I have and paid the price for it (got cut off by a car and down I went).

Anyhow....Here are some tips for the upcoming riding season.

So we all want to purchase tires at a reasonable price, but there are some carveouts:

1) Check the DOT "date of manufacture" that is imprinted into the side wall of the tire, ask about this.

Trike (and 2 wheels):

Gosh Christmas and the New Year has flown and we are on our way to spring and the start of the new riding season for many of us.

1) Have you checked:

Brakes Park, foot, rear brake), Tires, Fluids (brake, clutch, coolant if applicable) and brake pad thickness

2) Front forks for play, leaks and general feel (hold the bars and push down then release, was there any "springy feeling" and did they return to normal position?

3) Check oil levels. check brake and clutch fluid and lubricate and check all linkages. If you aren't sure about this consult your dealer.

4) Check operation of all lights, parking brake and all turn indicators front and rear

5) Check tire tread depth and pressures.Check wheel lug nuts for correct torque (refer to work shop manual)

6) Check rider/passenger seat and hand holds for security

7) Check security of all hinges, locks and lubricate with appropriate lube

Lastly:

1) Check your riding gear and yourself and enjoy :D

Enjoy and be safe.

PS: Not meant to be a complete list, but feel free to add, subtract and insert comments.

Last edited:
Just to be clear on this::The DOT date printed on the sidewalk is the date the tire was made! Example (3119) means the tire was manufactured on the thirty first week of 2019.

Ride safe!

Thanks Tireman for posting that. Personally, when I am purchasing tires for the TG or car I will accept a tire that is several months, or even a year old if the price is right. My tires never get a chance to "age" out because I put about 10,000 to 12,000 on my TG and generally over 15,000 miles on the car per year.

However, on my RV that manufacture date is very important.

Just to be clear on this::The DOT date printed on the sidewalk is the date the tire was made! Example (3119) means the tire was manufactured on the thirty first week of 2019.

Ride safe!

Appreciate the correction which I made to the post. Thanks as I didn't remember that :D

Ride safe

Thanks Tireman for posting that. Personally, when I am purchasing tires for the TG or car I will accept a tire that is several months, or even a year old if the price is right. My tires never get a chance to "age" out because I put about 10,000 to 12,000 on my TG and generally over 15,000 miles on the car per year.

However, on my RV that manufacture date is very important.

Glad you ride the wheels off your TG :D

Texas Check List

1. Walk around check.

2. Check PSI.

3. Check Oil Level.

4. Turn on ignition and check fuel level.

5. Open garage door. (Seems obvious, but very important)

6. Press start and let warm up for a bit.

7. Put in 1st, (assuming bike is pointed out), release clutch, twist throttle.

8. Remember why when I retired I moved from Iowa to Texas:) (This one is for me, may not apply to everyone:D)

Bob's check list......

1]Get in the Slingshot.....

2]Put on seat belt....

3]Start engine....

4]Make sure Garage door is open..

​4-1/2] ain't gonna make that mistake again]

5] Put in reverse and back out....:wave4:.....

Only if someones around to see it.....Other wise it never happened....:cxtv:..

OK, there's more to this story so please light that camp fire, draw up a seat, pour that drink and start telling the story.

I am really looking forward to this tale. Promise I will keep it between us :clapping:

OK, there's more to this story so please light that camp fire, draw up a seat, pour that drink and start telling the story.

I am really looking forward to this tale. Promise I will keep it between us :clapping:

Nothing earth shattering, Hit the remote...Wrong door gos up ....And then i never bothered to look at the back-up camera .......Lucky the door and rear tire are flexible...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png