larger ? break pedal??

Feb 2, 2011
melbourne, FL
hey folks, I have a 2011 ultra tri-glide, I notice when I use the back break, not to much stopping power.. thought it might be because I can't get to much "foot"
on the pedal, as it is close in, and, my right leg is a lil' weak..so.. searched this forum, read a post or 2 that the back break is not that strong anyway..
but
still want to put a bigger pedal or something on to make it easier to reach..
I get some net ad's from bike part places.. not sure what will fit, and, do I need to get the whole arm it's on, kuryakin? has one.. or what have you guys done.. any thing??
thanks in advance!
Jack
oh, waitin to get the trike back from the dealer on the "hard to steer" back end way unlevel deal..

ok ordered the one from demons... looked at the existing pedal, not sure how it comes off?? I am NOT handy.. but.. I see on the new one bolt, and inserts

anyone know how to get the stock break pedal on a 2011 tri-glide off??

The origional pad is installed just like the ones on a car. The pad is just stretched over the pedal.
vpworker-worker-construction-tool-smiley-emoticon-000804-large.gif
Getting the old one off is not too hard, especially since you are where its warm. You'll just run a screwdrive blade under the edge of the pad UNDER the pedal and then pry (stretch) the edge down and out over the pedal. Once you get the one side over, grab a pair of vice-grips and pull the old pad up and off.

frightened-smiley-emoticon-000293-l.gif
Don't fret Jack, this is going to be a lot easier than you think!

Under the pad is simply a plate with a slot in it. You'll just drop the bolt through and screw on the nut.

It won't come with the kit, but be sure to put a little Loctite (blue) on the bolt threads so that it won't vibrate loose.

In nothin' flat you'll be out riding.
motorcycle-motorcycle-smiley-male-smiley-emoticon-000287-large.gif

Dave, got the ped from deamons, but, it meseruers the same length as the one thats on there....4 3/4.... when I take off the old, will I be able to bolt it on "more offset" to the right??? so it will be easier to get my foot on it??

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png